the requested item could not be found

njdvls30

Dec 27, 2010
I am trying to download the App SKetchbook Mobile Express. I couldnt find it in the app store but found it via a barcode scanner. When i goes to start downloadingi get an error message of "the requested item could not be found". Any suggestions? I am located in NJ using my Huawei S7 via wifi.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
it looks to me from the Autodesk website that the cart is a little ahead of the horse, and the Android version is not available quite yet. There is definitely an iPhone app, and it looks like there was an Android version, but it may have been temporarily pulled from the market. There appears to be version 1.0 available from Appbrain, if you have set that up. Here is the link for that: SketchBook Mobile - Android app on AppBrain

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
weird, I have it on my droid 2 and just checked, it's still on the market. I tried the market with the S7 and it does not show up. I'm going to try a side load from my phone and see if it installs.
Let you know..

Edit - ok, side loaded it from my phone, no problems. It is a demo version though, only 4 brush sizes plus other limitations. I tried to click the buy button and it came up " could not find " on my S7 but when I hit buy it from my droid 2 it came up just fine. .99 cents to buy. I'm not sure why the S7 would not see it since it runs just fine. Hope this helps

Ives

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Then I would suspect it is an Android 2.2 app, and that is why it doesn't list on the S7.

njdvls30

Dec 27, 2010
the description said "Requires a multi-touch device running Android 2.1 or above. Recommended devices include: 1GHz processor, 512mb RAM" i thought i would have been ok.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
the description said "Requires a multi-touch device running Android 2.1 or above. Recommended devices include: 1GHz processor, 512mb RAM" i thought i would have been ok.

The S7 does not support multi touch. (pinch to zoom, etc.).

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Then I would suspect it is an Android 2.2 app, and that is why it doesn't list on the S7.

It is actually a 2.1 app according to the market info. Plus it works on my S7, not sure whats up there..

Ives

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
So I played around with this a bit. It's probably the best sketch app ive tried so far, though doodledroid is pretty cool. There is a couple of tools that will not work because of the mutli touch screen issue. Zoom and Pan are un clickable.

Ives

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Through the market using my droid 2. It's still there if you have an android phone, try using it instead. Then use an app like androzip to back it up on your phone. Then side load it onto your S7.

Ives

njdvls30

Dec 27, 2010
ah unfortunately i dont have an android phone yet. waiting for my contract to end to get rid of my BB.

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I checked for it with my S7 and nothing but I can get it on my EVO. Must be the need for multitouch.