The so-called 'Flytouch 3' is a fake name adopted by some vendors - also about Flash

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You can send corrections to me via PM. Updated Apr 1, 2011.

Flytouch 3 Labeling by Vendors
Until further evidence has been provided, all posts regarding the so-called Flytouch 3 belong in the Flytouch II area.

Gome has not yet released the Flytouch 3 yet. This labeling is confuses consumers and should not be adopted.

The shanzhai debranded Flytouch II is a product based on the original Gome Flytouch 2. I appears that there are vendors labeling a RAM upgraded variant (512MB) as the Flytouch 3. This is highly misleading, because Gome is not going by this branding. The 512MB version cannot be considered as a new generation of the Flytouch line of Android tablets, and as such should still be referred to as the Flytouch II, or Flytouch II with 512MB.

The manufacturer name for this new product is the SuperPAD II.

Incomplete Adobe Flash Support
Claims about Adobe Flash support are partially false, because it does not meet official Adobe requirements for the operation of the full-version of Adobe Flash. The processor in the Flytouch II generation by Infotmic is based on an older ARM11 architecture. But the manufacturer claims to be working with Adobe for a workable version of Adobe Flash for use on the SuperPAD II.

You will not be able to update Adobe Flash from the Android Market

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Gome has not actually released a Flytouch 3. Since it is actually seems to be a registered trademark in China, it is important for us to try to clear up the confusion.

Gome probably will make their actual Flytouch 3, but their branding will be damaged as a result of these irresponsible vendors. Imagine if a manufacturer added a USB port on the PS3 and started to call it the PS4.

The original generic Flytouch IIs are not actually Gome branded. But they are at least hardware equivalents, and should be identified as such.

One of the boxes the device ships with actually says Superpad II. If Flytouch II variant 2 is too long of a name to use, we should probably accept the name of the Superpad II as well.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
the site were I purchased my flytouch2 claims to be selling the flytouch3 just this week but I looked in the package contents and it says flytouch2? Also the variant discovers firmware in a different fashion. The firmware updates consist of two files but the firmware disvery file is actually a zip file containing the usual updateing firmware files. So I agree it isn't a flytouch3. I've also iffy about the os itself. Wondering if not even froyo?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Updated after conversations with someone who claimed to be the SuperPAD manufacturer

popparussell

Apr 7, 2011
i have 2 flytouch 3 or so they are called.both have different cases.1 seems more like the 2 as it has 2 microsd slots where as the other has 1.i can't tell any difference in performance.the 3 is to be 512mb,how do i pull up that info

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Download Android Tablet Info from the market, it is free. It will tell you about your device.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
There are more than a few variants of the Flytouch II. When straight from factory, they run 1001, and are supposed to be flashed to the newer 1170 by the vender but some aren't. I think that the newest is 1561 but I could be wrong. Please note that I am talking about FACTORY roms and not CUSTOM roms.

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
What about the advertised 512mb 4GB Flytouch 3 Superpad 2 tablets? They arrive in a white box with SuperPad III on the side. What is it? simply a Flytouch 2 with 1 tf & android 2.2??

Overall I'm very unimpressed with the unit. Only has a 3000mah battery..doesn't support Flash Player 10.1... Seller sent me a file but it's flash version 10.2

Android System info tells me this:
Android Version: 2.2
Release Code name: REL
API Level: 8
CPU ABI: armeabi
Hardware: imapx200
Devic: WWE10
display: FRF85B

Processor: ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
data max: 0.92 gb/free:807mb
total ram: 373mb 218mb free

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
I have mixed feelings about various 10" tablets. The ZT180 was ok, the Froyo Flytouch 2 was better & my latest purchase Flytouch 3 / superpad 2 is complete garbage. Only has a 3000mah battery, doesn't fully support the market & hdmi out is giving me audio problems.

Does anyone know where I can buy a real flytouch 3, with a real 6400-8000mah battery?
I don't mind a few issues to fix, but I want something that stays powered on without being plugged in, I want something that will actually play movies on my HDTV & I prefer something that REALLY supports flash player.. ALL of the 10" tablet sellers on the net claim their android 2.2 device supports flash,hdmi, marketplace etc...they forget to mention the features aren't fully supported!

Doesn't have to be a flytouch 3.. just a decent tablet in the $200 range.
Is there a thread already created with user experiences for the various 10" versions on the market??

Thanks Ftanl

Gazza127

Jun 22, 2011
So this is no good then its on Amazon as a A1CS X220 Tablet 10.2 ??

CPU: Infortm X220 1GHz ARM11 Operating System: Google Android 2.2 Froyo (Currently supports FREE APPS ONLY) Memory: 512MB Display: 10" LCD touchscreen, 1024x600 resolution, 3-way automatic rotating screen Storage: 4GB onboard storage - with support for up to 32GB Network: RJ45 Ethernet: 10/100M | WIFI wireless 802.11 b/g Camera: Built-in Camera Speakers: Built-in stereo speakers Colour: Silver/Black Language: Multi-Language OS Weight: 680g Battery: Littium 3000 HmA/5V high capacity battery Sockets: 1 xTF sockets | 2 x USB sockets | 1 x 3.5mm audio jack | 1 x mic jack | 1 x HDMI socket | 1 x RJ45 ethernet socket | 1 x power socket Package includes UK charger, earphones, GPS antenna and stylus.

tnx for looking Gaz