The usual looking for a tablet tread but I know what I want :)

ghiaguy

Oct 1, 2011
Hello all,

I am in the the market for a tablet with the following specs:

Screen size 7 or 10 in
Cortex A9 Tegra 2
SD slot up to 32gig
Capactive touch screen
Front facing cam for video chat
GPS
Android Froyo or greater
Android market

Trying to keep the price at $300.00 max

Looking to use it for movies, netflix, web surfing, streaming media email, texting, skype,navigation sometimes.

I need to add I am pretty tech experienced so rooting, roms are all good for me
so far the only device i have found that meets my specs is the HTC Flyer at Bestbuy for $299.00 hoping for some black friday deals this year. I like the Viewsonic Gtablet but no gps

Thanks to those who reply,
Ghiaguy

D

dvdcatalyst

Acer A100

I paid a little more for it, but if you have the patience and the digging skills, you should be able to find one of below 300

Fits all your requests.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
If you can wait just a little longer... a month, or two... The next wave of tablets are due out before Christmas. This should result in a major price drop on high-end first generation tablets like the ones being discussed.

ghiaguy

Oct 1, 2011
Thanks for the Acer suggestion yes it looks exactly what I am looking for though the Kindle Fire show allot of promise but I am held back no camera and no SD slot

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks for the Acer suggestion yes it looks exactly what I am looking for though the Kindle Fire show allot of promise but I am held back no camera and no SD slot

The Fire is cool, but no market, no sd, no cameras, so about half of your requirements are not there.

Still, for $200, its a great tablet, but the biggest pro it has is that it has access to most of Amazon's services. If you don't use those, it doesn't really offer that much.

ghiaguy

Oct 1, 2011
Yes that is my worry as well my understanding is the quadcore tabs are coming so agreed the cortex A9's should price drop well I am in no rush I can wait a few months to see :)