Thinking of Android tablet..

skallal

Oct 29, 2011
This is my first post. Been lurking for a few days and thinking of taking the Android tablet plunge. I am typing this on a first gen iPad, which I've owned since the first Saturday the first iPads hit the stores. I am a Windows user on the desktop and for software development. So I am thinking of a good first Android tablet. Don't want to start too low or too high. Considering learning Android software development. Already MS .NET dev at work for many years now. Simply don't want to buy a Mac to join the Apple dev club, nor do I care learn Objective C. At least Android lets me code in Java.

That said I'm looking for a decent stable tablet with decent battery life and relatively light weight. Don't know whether to go with the top brands like Samsung. I did briefly have an Archos tablet last year, but returned it, as the touch screen was a joke. I heard the Android tablets don't quite match Apple's touch screen experience. I can forgo that for the freedom from Apple restrictiveness.

Do let recommendations begin!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to become a member and join us here at Android Tablets. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Discussions section of the forum. That's the best place to get "shopping" advice. Hopefully, someone will come along and help you out. Also, look at the "Stickys" and some of the existing posts to get a feel for the sort of things you should take into consideration when buying a tablet. If you have questions, reply to the existing post or if none of them pertain to the questions you have, create a new post. Have fun!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
This is my first post. Been lurking for a few days and thinking of taking the Android tablet plunge. I am typing this on a first gen iPad, which I've owned since the first Saturday the first iPads hit the stores. I am a Windows user on the desktop and for software development. So I am thinking of a good first Android tablet. Don't want to start too low or too high. Considering learning Android software development. Already MS .NET dev at work for many years now. Simply don't want to buy a Mac to join the Apple dev club, nor do I care learn Objective C. At least Android lets me code in Java.

That said I'm looking for a decent stable tablet with decent battery life and relatively light weight. Don't know whether to go with the top brands like Samsung. I did briefly have an Archos tablet last year, but returned it, as the touch screen was a joke. I heard the Android tablets don't quite match Apple's touch screen experience. I can forgo that for the freedom from Apple restrictiveness.

Do let recommendations begin!
Hi skallal,
Welcome to the forum, so which size of tablet do you want?
here i recommend two Samsung based tablets for you.
first one is 7 inch one with android 2.3 OS, four-point multi-touch capacitive screen, built-in 3G & Bluetooth: 7 inch Capacitive Screen Google Android 2.3 Tablet PC with SAMSUNG S5PV210 Processor 3D Game WiFi - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
The other one is a 8" tablet, also with android 2.3 OS, multi-touch, and long battery life: 8 inch Capacitive Touch Screen Google Android 2.3 Tablets Samsung A8 PV210 CPU 1.2GHz with 3D Game - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
And you can find more in our site. Hope you can find what you want, and enjoy your online tablet buying...:)