This is a guide to fix your bricked vizio tablet

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
warrning ... this fix will remove the root ability and you must charge your tablet and dont dc it from charger and dont reboot while applying the fix ... the "V " logo will appear for a part of time ... leave it and wait ...
P.S ... I am not the one who provide the update.zip it was provide by tselling in xda forum`s ... I am just writing a guide to fix your brick tablet and the thanks is going to "tselling " and not me

you have to download the system from this link update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
and put it on your sd card ... then put the sd card on your tablet and reboot to recovery by holding the volume buttons and the power ... and apply update and wait .... dont do any thing or reboot or any thing if you reboot in the middle of the fixing it might brick your tablet forever ... just make sure it`s plugged to the charger and leave it ... and dont also try to remove file`s from update.zip ... just apply all the update as it`s provided .... it will remove root ... but it will fix your tablet .... .....

I fixed mine ... all thanks go to tselling ... and not me ....
P.S : if you uninstall the vizio updater app ... so this fix might not work for u ... if you just freeze it and ur tablet bricked .. this fix will work for u ...

P.S .. this update might work also for who bought demo tablet`s ...

Last edited:

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
it`s 1.4 ... build number 1.9.57 .... with no root ability ... the one that got root ability is 1.9.56

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Absolutely No Promises guys but there "might" be hope for the build 1.9.57.

Can't say more at the moment.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
This is great thank you for sharing.

And if we can get root on the newest build that would be awesome.

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
This is great thank you for sharing.

And if we can get root on the newest build that would be awesome.

You are welcome I did nothing but writing a guide all thanks go to tselling in xda forum

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Kato223

Dec 28, 2011
Once the update has been applied, you will can no longer perform this, as when it boots to the recovery screen, and you choose SDCARD for restoring, it is only using the internal memory and not the external memory. It no longer mounts the external memory sdcard to /mnt/sdcard/external/ upon recovery boot up.

vinogans

Nov 15, 2011
Once the update has been applied, you will can no longer perform this, as when it boots to the recovery screen, and you choose SDCARD for restoring, it is only using the internal memory and not the external memory. It no longer mounts the external memory sdcard to /mnt/sdcard/external/ upon recovery boot up.

I can still see my external memory ... and if you applied the update in the post you can see what I see ...but I hope that you fixed your device ..