This is the best browser I have tried on the a500

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It's pretty interesting.
It has the same webkit core used by chrome and the stock browser.

But it's very fast. They must have stripped a lot of code out of it to get performance better than stock, using the same core.

But it suffers from a lack of integration with Android. Copy a url and try to paste it into ninesky and you find things don't exactly work as expected.

Last edited:

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
It's pretty interesting.
It has the same webkit core used by chrome and the stock browser.

But it's very fast. They must have stripped a lot of code out of it to get performance better than stock, using the same core.

But it suffers from a lack of integration with Android. Copy a url and try to paste it into ninesky and you find things don't exactly work as expected.

Would you recommend it vs stock?

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Yeah I had notivlced that however its not a big deal to take off the extra http

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Would you recommend it vs stock?

Its occasionally interesting compared to stock, but I don't think its better.
Its performance is erratic, and much of its speed gain seems to be done by pointing you to the mobile versions of the web sites.
When you force it to go to the standard web sites much of the apparent speed advantage is lost, and the quirky nature of
the controls and the frequent copy/paste failures make it problematic.

I still use Stock for most things, but I like to keep an eye out for new browsers. Being based on Webkit, (as is stock and Dolphin, and 6 or 7 others) I don't expect to see huge speed improvement in a head on comparison.

So no, not recommending it VS Stock, but yes, recommending it in ADDITION to stock. Nothing limits you to a single browser.

Desso

Jul 18, 2011
Anyone recommend a browser that keeps up with your typing? Esp. in the forums. It's a royale discomfort in the posterior.

Thanks.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Anyone recommend a browser that keeps up with your typing? Esp. in the forums. It's a royale discomfort in the posterior.

Thanks.

The one on your desktop.

This forum uses so much gratuitous java script that the processing load is ridiculous.
Entering text is very processor intensive as every keystroke is monitored by the Java script.

Taptalk supports this forum and its pretty speedy on the Acer.

Desso

Jul 18, 2011
The one on your desktop.

This forum uses so much gratuitous java script that the processing load is ridiculous.
Entering text is very processor intensive as every keystroke is monitored by the Java script.

Taptalk supports this forum and its pretty speedy on the Acer.

thanks. i thought it might have something to do with the site. i guess there's no need to load another browser app.

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Good news they just updated the browser this morning and the paste link issue is gone

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just use FILE EXPERT. I tried a few others and didn't quite "cotton-on" to them. It reminds me of the old DOS 3.3 I had to master many solar cycles ago. I must be getting old...!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Good news they just updated the browser this morning and the paste link issue is gone

Not that I can tell.
It is still flaky trying to paste urls into the address bar.