This looks like a great place to be, many helpful members.

Treverly

Oct 20, 2010
Hi,
I have been a visitor on this forum for a few months now and decided it would be very useful to join.
I see a huge amount of useful information from many members.
I am starting out in the field of Android based tablets, but hope soon to be able to offer assistance to others from my experience as I go along.
I recently purchased the Android based CRUZ Reader from Velocity Micro (aka Pandigital Novel) for my daughter as a birthday present. After reading up about it, I realized that buying a reader was not the best choice, I should have bought a more general purpose tablet which obviously also doubles as a reader.
So I when my wife mentioned she also wanted a reader, I decided to buy her a Tablet. I just placed an order for the the RS6: a TCC8902 based tablet, running Android 2.1 from Digitalandroid.
As for me, I am holding out till the newer generation running under Android 3.0 (Gingerbread) or Android 3.5 (Honeycomb) become available with a more powerful Rockchip or Telechip processor.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Welcome, You are one of the few the proud, the bleeding edge. You have discovered on your own what takes others months to realize. Honeycomb will be the sweet spot. But don't discount the capability of 2.1 or 2.2. Once you learn the limitations and the strengths you will be like me, or Tipstr or Xaueious. Constantly looking to stretch the boundaries.

Just remember to not be foolish on any Firmware update. More innocent users brick their units by thinking a Firmware is a firmware is a FIRMWARE. This is not like Windows. The manufacturers have done their own tweaking as you have likely discovered.

Treverly

Oct 20, 2010
Hi Gurgle, Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I will also take your warning about the Firmware update to heart. I do hope soon to be able to contribute as much as you, Tipstr and Xaueious to the community.