Titanium Backup question

coase

Mar 27, 2011
When using Titanium Backup it asks me to adjust phone settings in "Applications" and tick the "Unknown Sources" checkbox. But try as I might, I can't find anywhere using Nook Color Tools a box listing "unknown sources." Can anyone help me here?

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
It still works just fine for me. Did you try to use it without changing the setting?

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
Do you have to install this app, if you are rooted using the auto nooter? I am wanting to root to Froyo, and have been doing some reading. I read somewhere you had to have this app....and then another website said you didn't have to have it??

I'm thinking I'm getting myself confused?? :)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you need to leave titanium backup, go to settings, and click on applications, check the unknown sources there

When using Titanium Backup it asks me to adjust phone settings in "Applications" and tick the "Unknown Sources" checkbox. But try as I might, I can't find anywhere using Nook Color Tools a box listing "unknown sources." Can anyone help me here?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Do you have to install this app, if you are rooted using the auto nooter? I am wanting to root to Froyo, and have been doing some reading. I read somewhere you had to have this app....and then another website said you didn't have to have it??

I'm thinking I'm getting myself confused?? :)

You do not need to have this app for any reason other than wanting to make back ups of apps and app data. There is a free version if you want to try it out. Again, this is for back up purposes only (which makes it a good idea) and has nothing to do with modifying or using ROMs.

coase

Mar 27, 2011
you need to leave titanium backup, go to settings, and click on applications, check the unknown sources there

But in Settings there is no place called Applications. There are simply the various App Settings and the four subheadings are Home, Shop,Social, and Search. I don't see anyplace which just has Applications or any subheading where I can find unknown sources.

coase

Mar 27, 2011
P.S. I need Titanium Backup to erase the info on Youtube because the Youtube app is misbehaving on my rooted (autonooter 3.0) CN.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
In the stock autonooter nook (from memory since I'm on phiremod right now) you have to go to NookColor Tools in the app drawer. From there you should be able to find it.

coase

Mar 27, 2011
In the stock autonooter nook (from memory since I'm on phiremod right now) you have to go to NookColor Tools in the app drawer. From there you should be able to find it.

That's exactly the point. I can't find the right place under Nook Color Tools.

I tried.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That's exactly the point. I can't find the right place under Nook Color Tools.

I tried.

Ok, just wanted to clarify that you should be looking under Nook Color Tools not some other settings page. In any case it should be under Nook Color Tools if not under Applications it is there someplace. There aren't too many menus it can be under. Just check and uncheck the box when you find it.

coase

Mar 27, 2011
I know. It sounds obvious, but no matter how I search I can't find it. Is this a mistaken prompt?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Go to Nook Color Tools check and uncheck and recheck the "Allow Non-Market Apps" box.

theksp111

Apr 5, 2011
i've got the same issue as coase.
youtube won't work and all forums say to download and run TiBu to clear the youtube data.
But I got the error message saying to go Settings-> Applications-> unknown sources. Can't find the unknown sources box

I tried restarting the app several times and reinstalling it and also powering down and restarting the nook. Also tried checking and unchecking the "allow non market apps"

Can I just remove the youtube app and then reinstall it?

theksp111

Apr 5, 2011
Coase - Do you have a memory card inside of your nook?
I found out that titanium backup does not work without it. After I put it in then it worked.