Toshiba Excite Pro & Write Show Up with Tegra 4 on Amazon & Best Buy

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Toshiba-Excite-Pure-Write-Pro-front.jpg

Toshiba promised to be the first Android tablet maker to bring a Tegra 4 based Android tablet to market, and they have delivered. You can now pick up either/both of the new Tegra 4 based Toshiba Excite Pro or Toshiba Excite Write online. Both tablets are available at either Best Buy or Amazon for the same price. The Toshiba Excite Pro is $499.99, and the Toshiba Excite Write is $599.99.

These are both high-end 10-inch devices, which is obviously reflected in their prices. Besides the ultra-powerful Tegra 4 chipset in each, they also sport 2560x1600 HD displays, and both come with 32GB of storage and 2GB of RAM. The only difference between the two tablets which brings the Write's price up by $100 bucks is that it includes a built-in digitizer and slightly longer battery life. Here are some links below if you want to pick one up.

Best Buy - Toshiba Excite Pro = $499.99
Best Buy - Toshiba Excite Write = $599.99

Amazon - Toshiba Excite Pro = $499.99
Amazon - Toshiba Excite Write = $599.99

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
They sound good, are these single core? Can't really tell by specs, usually you see dual core, quad core here I don't see.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A ICS Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012
They sound good, are these single core? Can't really tell by specs, usually you see dual core, quad core here I don't see.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A ICS Android Tablet

You would think they would both be quad core, but I'm not certain. However, I do know that HP is also launching a Tegra 4 tab next month powered by a 1.80GHz quad-core Nvidia Tegra 4 processor. The HP SlateBook x2 convertible is a 10.1-inch Android tablet/notebook.

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure that the Tegra 4 chips are quadcore. It would be weird for them to offer quad in the Tegra 3 only to go single in the 4.