Toshiba Plans to Debut 2 Tablets at CES: "World's Thinnest Tablet" & Water-proof OLED

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
toshiba-at200-back.jpg

Toshiba has pre-announced plans to release two new tablets at CES this year. One is going to be the exact opposite of their previous outing. The Toshiba Thrive is super-packed with tons of features, but those extra features came at the price of making the tablet notoriously thick. One of the new Toshiba tablets debuting at CES this year will go the opposite route. We have shared a few rumor articles previously about the Excite AT200, but now we have a few more interesting details about the device. Here's a breakdown:
  • Initially Honeycomb OS
  • Ultra-thin 7.7mm thick
  • 10.1-inch 1280×800 resolution display
  • 1.2GHz dual-core OMAP 4430 processor
  • 5MP rear/2MP front facing cameras
  • micro HDMI out and either 16GB or 32GB storage options
Supposedly, they will also be unveiling a second tablet that is even more mysterious. This other tab will reportedly be waterproof (or water-resistant), will have a 7-inch OLED display, and use a Qualcomm processor. Above is a screenshot of the back of the super-thin Excite. Intriguing...

Source: ThriveForums.org via PhanDroid

renegade.DJ

Jan 6, 2012
i like the style of this one the metal backing on it realy sets it off it adds a no nonsense kind of look to it but i think we all can agree that looks aint much but the performance is nice as well cant wait to see it in person ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but im happy with my tablet.