toshiba thrive

0721mross

Jul 22, 2011
just got a new toshiba thrive and wanted to know about using a seagate 1tb external hard drive with it....wont recognize it when plugged in....also i use this tablet for business and want to know if it will recognize the .mov format...i have video clips which are not recognized when taken with my canon camera..is there another movie app that you can download to view on this tablet...i bought the 8gb version with the idea that i could use an sd card to store most of the externals but dont know how to make the tablet store on the sd card vice the hard drive....

this machine is so new it is a learn as you go....

tks
Mike

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum Mike, and congratulations on the new tablet. We have an entire section dedicated to your tablet and that's where you'll find the people who can answer your questions. Just head over to Toshiba Tablets and make yourself at home.:)

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Welcome! As to recognizing video formats, there are other video players on the android market that recognize different formats, I use moboplayer on my Thrive, and as for your external hard drive, 1 TB IS the Max, but it has to be formatted FAT or exFAT, the thrive doesn't recognize NTFS.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum

0721mross

Jul 22, 2011
preciate the info...tried a less than 1tb yesterday and it read it...will try to reformat it..