Toshiba Unveils The Thrive 7 Honeycomb Tablet

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Toshiba Unveils The Thrive 7″ Honeycomb Tablet[/h]by Omkar Dutta | Wednesday, 28th Sep 2011

Earlier this year, Toshiba announced its first tablet device – the Toshiba Thrive. It was unveiled and showcased at the CES 2011 in Las Vegas. Last month, Toshiba announced its second tablet device – the Toshiba AT-200 tablet at the IFA event. It had a slim waistline measuring only 7.7mm. Now, Toshiba went ahead and unveiled its third tablet device – the Toshiba Thrive 7″. This tablet is the 7 inch version of the original Toshiba Thrive tablet. It runs on the latest version of Android Honeycomb Operating System. Toshiba Thrive 7″ tablet comes with the company’s exclusive Adaptive Display and Resolution+ video enhancement technologies. Check out the complete specs below.

“This is a seven-inch tablet done right,” said Carl Pinto, vice president of product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. “The Thrive 7” Tablet is the first seven-inch tablet in the U.S. market to offer a true HD display that when combined with the selection of ports, premium audio, and a better, more robust Android experience make it a great choice for on-the-go consumers looking for a no-compromise tablet.”

toshiba_thrive_7.jpg

Toshiba Thrive 7″ Tablet Specs:
  • 7 inch touchscreen display
  • 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
  • 1 GHz dual-core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
  • Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) OS
  • 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash
  • 2 megapixel front-facing camera
  • 16 or 32 GB internal storage
  • microSD card slot
  • 32 GB expandable memory
  • miniUSB
  • microHDMI
  • Wi-Fi connectivity
  • Bluetooth
  • Adobe Flash support
  • Integrated GPS
  • Android Market
The Toshiba Thrive 7” tablet weighs only 0.88 pounds and measures just 0.47 inches. The price and release date of this tablet will be announced later.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Just wondering if this was dropped in favor of the new tablets. I have never heard of these nor seen them in any stores.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It shows up in a Google search at all kinds of stores though I can't say I recall seeing it specifically. Looks like it runs about $330-$380.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Bit hi priced. Particularly since the I Pad 2 can be picked up at BestBuy for 399.00.

Oh well. Will be waiting for the 13.3 inch Toshiba Excite.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
J515OP can you answer a question for me?

Why is it that is some threads we can edit posts and in some we can't? Makes little sense to me.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Are you using the forum app, talkatap or just straight to the website? You should be able to edit your own posts.

J

jimbo7630

Regular members accessing via the website cannot edit their own posts in the Android Tablet News, annoys the hell outta me too.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Are you using the forum app, talkatap or just straight to the website? You should be able to edit your own posts.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-tablet-passes-through-fcc-2.html#post206716

Using Laptop right now but even on my Android tablet or IPad2 with the TapaTalk app, both devices, there are some threads I can not edit in. In the thread above (link included) I have no edit option.
Sometimes after I have made a post I see a spelling error or think of something I would like to add and can't. Was just wondering if there was a reason behind the absence of the option in some threads.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Regular members accessing via the website cannot edit their own posts in the Android Tablet News, annoys the hell outta me too.

This was news to me but I'm looking into it. I frequently have typos I go back and fix so I totally understand :)