Total reorganization of the forums/subforums coming: Put your 2c in now!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
We realize that many of the sections on the site have become unorganized, never took off, etc. and we probably also need some new sections.

So, i'd like to get community suggestions on how we can better organize the forums here, what sections should probably go away, be added, etc..

Get your 2c in now or forever hold your peace! :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I like the Carrier-back tablets section, i think then maybe a reorg along the lines of Processor-type maybe? Tegra2..etc. Just a thought.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing all threads that haven't had any activity for say 30 days automatically closed. Folks are posting to them to no avail, since the OP and all responders have gone off to other places and are no longer checking those old posts. (About a month ago someone asked an OP how much he was asking for his tablet. Last December he had mentioned he might sell it and buy a new one. Needless to say, there was no response.)

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing all threads that haven't had any activity for say 30 days automatically closed. Folks are posting to them to no avail, since the OP and all responders have gone off to other places and are no longer checking those old posts. (About a month ago someone asked an OP how much he was asking for his tablet. Last December he had mentioned he might sell it and buy a new one. Needless to say, there was no response.)

I see the benefit of this but I also see the downside. Often times the OP is still around and then gets a notification and it can resurrect an old thread that may still have some life in it. Something to consider though. For sale ones, definitely.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Still looking for more ideas, anyone? Buehler?

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
I think each section should have a general thread and a Q and A section that way mods can keep them clean and useful info doesnt get buried. You never know which devices are going to gain a noticable following like the coby tablets.
Also maybe an announcement for hot apps or security issues since i think few people leave their device forum.

Last edited: