Totally lost....I feel so stupid with this tablet...... :(

Rollaokie

Dec 19, 2011
Hi, I have bought these tablets and really am wondering why?!?!?! they seem so hard to use!!! I would like my girls to do be able to do homework and watch netlfix but am unable to download the video player on this Android 7 inch tablet. I have tried installing a few suggested ones and still am unable to do so. I don't even mind buying a few apps to put on this but can't figure out where to go to do so. I can't find a thread that states step by step instructions please help. Thanks and Happy Holidays :)

Rollaokie

Dec 19, 2011
It does have a video player but when I click on it and click movies and try to go to my Netflix acct it will not play any movies after I log into my acct, so I thought I would need to add aplayer for netflix but it will not allow me to do so. :) Thanks again I really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi RollaOkie, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on that new tablet. Nice of you to become a member of the forum. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the tablet and I'm moving your thread to the Leader International Tablets section to try and get some help for you.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Yup. Netflix app doesn't work on your device. SOL. The Android market is very diverse with manufacturers selling devices with every iteration from 1.3 to 3.2, with 4.0 devices hovering on the horizon. That's why it's so important to research for the device(s) that will perform the functions you desire. Otherwise, you end up with a device with lousy support & not much of a dev following to even provide community support.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Honestly, I'd return that model & pick up something that the netflix app will run on. The Nook Color can be had for $130-150, refurbished. After you root it and install a custom ROM, you have a very functional tablet.

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
Honestly, I'd return that model & pick up something that the netflix app will run on.
the problem with most of these forum is that those who suppose to know better never guide members in the right direction, buying a tablet without market is trouble for starters, for a cheap tablet i would suggest coby because of the dev community behind it....

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Coby is another good choice. Might be a wee bit over the Op's budget.
Nook color still has strong community support. It's very stable. Cheaper. Very easy to custom ROM it with cm7 or miui, etc.
I am guiding Op in the right direction. I'm making suggestions for alternatives in the same price range that will perform the desired functions.
Coby doesn't have market out of the box either.

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. This member just bought these tablets, knows nothing about Android and is coming here looking for a fix. Does anyone think he knows anything about rooting or custom roms? Really?!

Rather than suggesting he get something like a Coby where he is still going to have to jump through hoops why not just tell him to return or sell the tablets and get something that works out of the box, something that he can just turn on and use, where netflix will run from the start.

To the OP. I have the Vizio VTAB 1008. they are being sold refurb for 190.00 or less. These are a great deal on a great little tablet. I believe most returns are not from real issues so much as people bought these and expected them to be on par with a Asus Transformer Prime or Motorola Xoom or Acer A500. And they are not. They also don't cost as much as those others and so don't do as much.
But they do have a front facing camera, GPS, motion control, Netflix works great, it looks a little funny out of box when turned on but you can buy the VTL Launcher from the market for 3 bucks and it will change the launcher so that the tablet looks and acts like any other tablet. So IMHO most of these were returned not for device problems but due to over expectation from the buyer.
Unlike many of the low cost tablets, the Vizio 1008 works out of the box. Just sign in to the market with your gmail acct and start downloading apps.
Note. As is with all devices, not all apps will run on them so you may find apps that don't work from time to time. I have found a few but most all work. NF deff works.
This device runs smooth and without issues (mine has any way) currently it is the lowest cost tablet I recommend.
Hope you get things worked out.