Touch Screen Doesn't Always Work Properly When Tablet is Flat on a Table

darkmuck

Apr 16, 2013
When lying the tablet flat or mostly flat on a table for example I seem to encounter weird touch screen issues. Under the development options I turned on the option to visually show touch screen touches so I could see the problem. The problem is that when I touch certain spots of the screen on either the left or the right bottom portions of the screen (where the keyboard pops up) it sometimes registers on the opposite side of the screen (actually the visual touches show that I am touching both sides at the same time when this happens). This means that it is nearly impossible to use the on screen keyboard if its lying flat - when I'm not holding it at an angle.

Does anyone else have this problem? I read somewhere that some devices with capacitive touch screens have similar problems when the screen?? isn't properly grounded, but I don't know if that's what I'm experiencing or not.

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Sorry. my A2109 is brand new ( got it yesterday) and been playing intensively with and cannot reproduce the issue you mentioned....

Bakkertakker

Jan 3, 2014
When lying the tablet flat or mostly flat on a table for example I seem to encounter weird touch screen issues. Under the development options I turned on the option to visually show touch screen touches so I could see the problem. The problem is that when I touch certain spots of the screen on either the left or the right bottom portions of the screen (where the keyboard pops up) it sometimes registers on the opposite side of the screen (actually the visual touches show that I am touching both sides at the same time when this happens). This means that it is nearly impossible to use the on screen keyboard if its lying flat - when I'm not holding it at an angle.

Does anyone else have this problem? I read somewhere that some devices with capacitive touch screens have similar problems when the screen?? isn't properly grounded, but I don't know if that's what I'm experiencing or not.

I have the same problem. I'll send it to the service.