Touch screen doubts

sgaucho

Aug 18, 2012
Hi,

I am about to purchase my first Android tablet and am slightly confused regarding the tablet screens. I was told that I should be looking for a multi-capacitive screen when I purchase my tablet. I guess a multi-capacitive screen is the same as multi-touch and afaik all tablet screens are multi-touch.

Can anyone please correct me if I am wrong!?

tx,
sg

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Most screens today are Capacitive Multi touch, although the number of touch points vary. You can still find resistive screen models for sale, and at the risk of further confusing you there are models such as the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or HTC Flyer that add a digitizer layer to the capacitive screen.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

sgaucho

Aug 18, 2012
Most screens today are Capacitive Multi touch, although the number of touch points vary. You can still find resistive screen models for sale, and at the risk of further confusing you there are models such as the new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 or HTC Flyer that add a digitizer layer to the capacitive screen.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

Thanks for the feedback. What is the major difference between Capacitive Multi-touch and Resistive screens? Resistive screen also permit touch screen, right? I understand they also come with a stylus.

Basically, I found quite a big price difference between 2 similar tablets with the only diff being the screen. Is the price diff worth it?

tx,