touch screen issues whilst charging

geocache66

Mar 18, 2012
Recently bought a rooted ZT280 C91 ICS 4.03 and happy with it. However when charging, the screen seems to go crazy. Either it is unresponsive, lags, or opens apps without prompting. The thing is, it doesn't do this when either fully charged or when powered by the internal battery without charging. Has anyone ekse had the same experience or have a fix for this?

cheers :)

criver

Oct 20, 2011
Have the same problem and I guess there's no way around it - I think all that is caused by the capactive screen - when you charge the tablet the screen just "reacts" to it.

Jetsetter

Feb 18, 2012
Hi - not sure if it connected but the notes for the latest firmware update for the 3a model has this comment:
"If your touch panel did not flicker on desktop without any touching after starting up,
please don't care of the following message and <Touch Panel Patch for 3a> directory!

Recently,we've found that there is a BUG on some zt280_C91_H1_3a tablet's touch-screen,
the tablets will flicker on desktop without any touching after starting up. Therefore,
we apologize for bringing such inconvenience.

Please use the following method to update the firmware to work out the BUG above:
1. Copy the files that under "Touch Panel Patch for 3a" to zt-update directory,this directory must be in the root of TF card.
2. Insert the TF card into the tablet and connect the charger
3. Press the power-on -button and "Camera" button at the same time, and the tablet will update .
4. When tablet display "E:excute novatek-v1.0 for update",please wait for OS updating about 2 minutes£»
5. Tablet will reboot automatically, then it's OK.

Notice :
This firmware is based on the original system for version:ZT280_H1_3a_C91_Android4.0_02XX_V1.X(see also /mnt/flash/version.txt file )
This updates will not delete your program and data."

I had a similar problem with what seemed to be an oversensitive screen (Apps closing by themselves and screen actions happening without the tablet even being touched) when I first received my 3n model - but did a hard reset and seems ok since then

geocache66

Mar 18, 2012
Cheers JS. Found the link in Zenithink website but since installed the latest kernal plus chanante ics regina 2 rom. Works a dream!!

MrChef

Sep 28, 2012
Hi there!

I've got a "crazy screen" problem while charging too. (Freelander PD10 3g version)
The device works very nice except while charging when it goes crazy. I have already tried different charger but some other may work.
What can be the problem?

Best,

Tamas

benadlam

May 6, 2012
It's pretty much always poor quality chargers causing unstable frequencies

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2