touch screen not working on vizio tablet

kpete

Jan 23, 2012
I have a vizio tablet the power comes on screen lights up screen saver comes on then i can do nothing..... can not swipe it open ... buttons at bottom of screen do nothing ..... seems like the screen can't feel the touch .... any help?

I'm new to this ... I looked through the other forum threads but can't find my problem ... sorry if it's out there and i cant find it .... Thanks

ViGo

Aug 17, 2012
Both the touch screen and the old menu buttons on the bottom of the screen were unresponsive on my tablet. I called Vizio customer service even though the tablet is out of warranty, and because I couldn't do the volume and power button factory reset, they referred me to a repair company. $40 to diagnose and an estimated $30 - $100 to repair. I said screw it and tried to fix it myself.

Once the back cover is pried away with a flat precision screwdriver, on the screen side I found there were two gold ribbons with a circuit at the end surrounded by rubber that came loose from the circuit board on the inside of the back cover. One is at the top just off center, and the other is on the lower right hand side. You should be able to figure out where they connect on the circuit board by looking at it. The circuits on the ribbon should just snap back into place on the circuit board; I found it easiest to reconnect the right side first with the screen at a 45 degree angle before reconnecting the top ribbon. After reconnecting, the screen was working again.