touchscreen on 7015 inop ,need help

Dethic777

Jun 7, 2011
First let me start with since i rooted tablet back in Jan,2011 it hasn't recognized the sdcard, when i mount the tablet it only sees the 4gb internal and i have a 16gb sdcard in tablet. I was attempting to put HC on my tablet. Tablet used to freeze up alot, so i decided to reboot, i went into recovery and i cant apply sdcard:update.zip it doesnt see the sdcard(E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (i/o error).so i did a wipe data/factory reset (not my smartest decision) then rebooted . the touch screen has been inop since, when i touch the screen all that happens is volume up. I run windows 7 64 bit, and with Droid explorer i can access the tablet and with screencast and operate the tablet. Any ideas why the touchscreen is not responding, oh yeah when i activate calibration threw screencast i can take the pointer go threw the process and its an endless loop. Any help or any info would be much appreciated, thanks

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
It sounds like your system is all messed up and are you sure your sdcard is is even good? Is it formatted properly (fat32 the slow format, not quick)?
Curious why you tried to install an update form the sdcard when you said it wasn't working.
If it were me I would try to reinstall the whole system by following Tito's steps on how to get back to 2.1 in the thread below. Make sure you read and understand the whole thread first. You will have to install the VTC driver and get FWDN working to do this but it is all I got. Your device sounds like a hot mess right now.
As usual, anything you do is on you, I take no responsibility for what happens to your device.
BTW: I take it you have no CWM backups you can try?