Transfer files directly to removable SD Card /mnt/external1

gsuemnic

Apr 25, 2012
I’m looking for a Wifi / ftp app that allow me to do the following

I’m running stock ICS 4.04

1) Access/transfer data to/from my removable SD card ( /mnt/enternal1 ) The apps I’ve seen only show the fixed SD card contents. It’s a pain to have to move the data from the Xoom fixed SD to the removable SD. I’d like to eliminate the middle man and the wear & tear on the fixed SD.

2) Do simple things to the data on the removable SD card like change directory names.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is an app called WiFi File transfer on the Google Store. Once in the app on your PC keep going up 1 directory and you will eventually see removable as a choice. Works great.

gsuemnic

Apr 25, 2012
There is an app called WiFi File transfer on the Google Store. Once in the app on your PC keep going up 1 directory and you will eventually see removable as a choice. Works great.

Wifi File transfer only allows me to move files from the Xoom to my PC.

Looking for a Wifi or ftp app that will allow me to transfer files from my PC to my Xoom and place them on my removable SD card /mnt/external1/

I’m running stock ICS 4.04.

rich_l

Nov 2, 2011
@Leeshor- how do you tell Wifi File Transfer which files on your 'puter that to transfer? I've not been able to figure that out

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Wifi File transfer only allows me to move files from the Xoom to my PC.

Looking for a Wifi or ftp app that will allow me to transfer files from my PC to my Xoom and place them on my removable SD card /mnt/external1/

I’m running stock ICS 4.04.

Run the WiFi File Transfer app on your tablet. Then on your computer go to the address listed (Something like http:// 192.168.1.XXX:1234) depending on your IP address and setup.

On a PC, open a browser and go to this site. Browse to the /mnt/ directory. Select the external1 directory.

On the right hand side there is an option to select files from your computer, or on the left you can select files or folders to download to your computer.

@Leeshor- how do you tell Wifi File Transfer which files on your 'puter that to transfer? I've not been able to figure that out

After you open the browser and browse to your tablet, if you are in a writable directory (/mnt/sdcard/ for example) on the right hand side there is a Transfer files to device section to select files to transfer files to the tablet. Use the tick boxes and Download options on the left to download from your tablet to your computer.