Transfering movies & music files to Ideos S7

The Don

Jan 11, 2011
I could really use some step by step instructions on how to drag movie & music files from my computer to my newly purchased Ideos S7.

Please don't assume I know all the buzz words(but I'm learning fast thanks to this forum!)

Thanks So Much,
The Don

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
This sticky thread has lots of tips and tricks in the first post including a link to the thread that discusses how to mount the external and internal SD storage so that it can be accessed via usb on your computer: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips.html Good luck and don't be afraid to check out the stickie threads for general info and the use the search tools on the forum for specific info. Good luck and welcome. If you are still stuck after that come on back here ask for help.

Edit: OOPS - Look like the SD Card Mounting link in that thread is broken (the forum was reorganized after that thread was started so there are now some broken links). In any event - there are several threads on the topic of hooking the S7 to the computer via USB and mounting the SD storage so that it can be viewed and written to by the host computer. The following thread appears to be the most useful from a step-by-step perspective

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2461-usb-connection-issues.html Good luck.

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I am sure there is better doco on this in the forum somewhere, but to explain it simply.

1) Plug your S7 into your PC with the USB Cable.
2) Click on the "i" button on the top corner
3) Click on the relevant option to "Mount your SDCARD" that appears in the notification list
4) Go to Windows Explorer
5) Drag and drop the files to the drive that is connected there. On mine it connects as H:\ drive, but yours will be different

You will need a decent player to play the files, especially if they are .avi files and not mpeg4 format. A lot of us use either RockPlayer or VitalPlayer to do this.

Enjoy the movies....

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I just pop out the sd2 card and throw whatever i want on it and vital player does the rest... Easy peezy lemon squeezy

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
Can a dvd movie be copied to a computer and then transfered to the S7 and play ok?
It needs to be transcoded to a format the S7 can play.

You can use Handbrake for this. Make sure that in the H.264 settings of Handbrake you look at all the tooltips for the various options - If something says "not supported in baseline profile" or "not supported on iPods" or anything like that - turn it off.

Thanks for reminding me I really need to upload a Handbrake preset for the S7...

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010

You can use Handbrake for this. Make sure that in the H.264 settings of Handbrake you look at all the tooltips for the various options - If something says "not supported in baseline profile" or "not supported on iPods" or anything like that - turn it off.

Thanks for reminding me I really need to upload a Handbrake preset for the S7...

That's something that would be great...

mrook15

Dec 26, 2010

Thank you, I will try it tonight and let you know how it went.