Transferring blu ray digital copies to my a500

fernandez2988

Jun 15, 2011
I've been trying to find a way to do it I've tried using iTunes digital copies that I have there n move them over but itnwont play does anyone know if I could do it using windows media player? Or is there an easier way or program that I could use... the most important thingnto me is high resolution movies if there is a way I'd greatly appreciate the info

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

D

dvdcatalyst

I've been trying to find a way to do it I've tried using iTunes digital copies that I have there n move them over but itnwont play does anyone know if I could do it using windows media player? Or is there an easier way or program that I could use... the most important thingnto me is high resolution movies if there is a way I'd greatly appreciate the info

"Digital Copies" and iTunes purchase/rental videos are DRM protected, and will not play on most Android devices. There is software that can "remove" the DRM, however the technique most software that does this use isn't the best solution for quality. They basically play and record the video at the same time on your computer.

Since you mentioned Bluray, I would suggest to convert the actual Bluray instead. The resolution is higher than that of digital copies, so you end up with better quality anyway.

fernandez2988

Jun 15, 2011
How would you convert the blu ray? Do you think it would be easy to maybe copy my digital copies on windows media and transfer it that way?

D

dvdcatalyst

How would you convert the blu ray? Do you think it would be easy to maybe copy my digital copies on windows media and transfer it that way?

I have an article on my website in the latest news section that explains how to convert Bluray with DVD Catalyst, but if you are a bit technical, you could go with Handbrake and MakeMKV. That combination takes a bit to setup though.

The Windows Media Transfer of your digital copies would be easier, but the problem is that it is not just the files, it is also a "license" that needs to be transferred in order for the file to be playable (the activation code), which is not supported by many Android devices, and the ones that do (Droid X for example) still don't like all Digital Copies. The movie industry seems to favor Apple.

fernandez2988

Jun 15, 2011
Yeah that's true that movie industry does favor apple everything in general favors it. But in will check it out thanks for the help