Transformer tf101/email/Talktalk

lesliejack

Jun 19, 2011
My ISP is Talktalk and I have an Asus tf101 with Honeycomb 3.1. I have tried all possible settings combinations but have been unable to configure my setup for emails.

According to Talktalk whom I have spoken to, their servers are incoming (port 110) mail.talktalk.net and outgoing (port 25) smtp.talktalk.net but I always end up with the error message 'Authentication methods are not supported by server'.

Is this Talktalk or Honeycomb problem, is anyone else suffering?

hazi1964

May 28, 2011
My ISP is Talktalk and I have an Asus tf101 with Honeycomb 3.1. I have tried all possible settings combinations but have been unable to configure my setup for emails.

According to Talktalk whom I have spoken to, their servers are incoming (port 110) mail.talktalk.net and outgoing (port 25) smtp.talktalk.net but I always end up with the error message 'Authentication methods are not supported by server'.

Is this Talktalk or Honeycomb problem, is anyone else suffering?

If you have secure log in or authentication required tick, you need to untick them. Hope this helps.

Alison

Feb 25, 2012
I have the exact frustrating, hair pulling problem, liberty tab.... in mail'talktalk.net out smtp.talktalk.net simples...is it bollo...any ideas anyone PLEASE!:mad:

J

jimbo7630

One way around the problem is to set up a new email account with, for example, GMX.com, and set it to retrieve all TalkTalk mail. the tablet will no doubt accept the new account and you can see your TalkTalk mail almost as soon as it lands in your TalkTalk account.