Trouble viewing on line videos on Asus Transformer TF201

AdamHW

Apr 1, 2012
Hi,

I have the Asus Transformer TF201 tablet and aside from YouTube videos I cant watch any other VOD or on line videos posted on different sites (news sites, funny vids sites etc.). I installed adobe flash but that didnt solve the problem. I do recieve a message saying a certain plug in is needed to play the video but not which plug in to install or any link to it.

would welcome help solving this issue. thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
What browser are you using? The default Chrome-lite browser does not always play well. You may want to look at Dolphin HD, Skyfire or some of the other browsers. I use SkyFire. There are some VOD which will still not play well, but more sites are rendered correctly.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
what version of the firmware are you using? I watch vids with no issues on the built-in browser, but there were issues with earlier versions.

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
AdamHW said:
Hi,

I have the Asus Transformer TF201 tablet and aside from YouTube videos I cant watch any other VOD or on line videos posted on different sites (news sites, funny vids sites etc.). I installed adobe flash but that didnt solve the problem. I do recieve a message saying a certain plug in is needed to play the video but not which plug in to install or any link to it.

would welcome help solving this issue. thanks

Hey there, I'm having the same problem. At first if was terrible, could hardly see anything... but then did a reboot (I'm using ICS) and started using opera. Now it streams better but freezes 3-5 min before the end of the video!! Doesn't matter if it's 20, 30 or 50 min long. Doesn't matter which wifi I use. Doesn't matter which web page I'm watching from!! I'm at a loss! I live overseas and we bought the tablet primarily so I could enjoy US/English tellie....
Has using dolphin helped you???

AdamHW

Apr 1, 2012
What browser are you using? The default Chrome-lite browser does not always play well. You may want to look at Dolphin HD, Skyfire or some of the other browsers. I use SkyFire. There are some VOD which will still not play well, but more sites are rendered correctly.
Thanks gurgle. I installed the Dolphin browser and was able to watch streaming video.