Trouble with Ad Hoc

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Hello. I followed the instructions in running an ad hoc connection and believe to have set it up correctly. I tested it with my Samsung Omnia i920 phone and the s7 and I was successfully able to connect the two.

The problem was connecting to an ad hoc network created by my laptop. The Wi-Fi description would say "Obtaining IP address from [name] (adhoc)..." followed by "Unsuccessful"

My Samsung phone has no trouble connecting to the same Ad Hoc network from my laptop. What do you guys suggest I check? And is this a known issue? Are you guys able to connect to desktop-created ad hoc networks with your s7's?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Android has problems with adhoc out of the box. It is a known issue across Android.

gcl915

Feb 3, 2011
Hello. I followed the instructions in running an ad hoc connection and believe to have set it up correctly. I tested it with my Samsung Omnia i920 phone and the s7 and I was successfully able to connect the two.

The problem was connecting to an ad hoc network created by my laptop. The Wi-Fi description would say "Obtaining IP address from [name] (adhoc)..." followed by "Unsuccessful"

My Samsung phone has no trouble connecting to the same Ad Hoc network from my laptop. What do you guys suggest I check? And is this a known issue? Are you guys able to connect to desktop-created ad hoc networks with your s7's?

What exactly are you trying to do? Connect the tablet to the phone or to the laptop?

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
What exactly are you trying to do? Connect the tablet to the phone or to the laptop?

I am already able to connect my tablet to my phone via adhoc. I'm trying to connect the tablet to my laptop but it's not working. Can somebody test your tablet and see if yours would connect to an adhoc network created by a laptop? I at least need to know if it's just me. Thx.