Troubleshooting Augen Gentouch78

danielle1020

Apr 2, 2011
Hello - I have an Augen Gentouch78 and no matter what I do I cannot download applications from Marketplace. I sign in with my Google account, however, when I select Download I am told that I do not have an Android phone on my Account (which I don't). I have had this device for six months and the only thing I can do is check my Yahoo Mail account.
Also, the speaker does not work - the sound is on and the volume up and still no sound.
Please help!

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Google account download is a long-known problem; it has to do with not supported Android systems.. a solution can You find at http://augendev.wikispaces.com/ ; but watch out, it is not for newbies! An alternative is: to install the programs U want to use on an Android phone; transfer the install files (.apk) to the Gentouch (I use mail for), and than install them on Your gentouch..
Speaker: I have the same problem, it is a hardware issue; if you (can) open the box, it is a contact problem between the speaker, quite easy to fix; but on the other hand, I never really used the speakers..

danielle1020

Apr 2, 2011
Thank you for the information. I took the unit apart and saw the speaker but am still unable to hear any sound. It looked like the speaker was glued in so not sure if that was the problem since the wires were all connected.
Since I do not have an Android phone I am not able to transfer any files over so do need an alternative. Unfortunatley like you said the site is not for newbies and way advanced for me.
I just wanted a simple system and now think I should have spent the money and gotten the ipad instead.

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Don't through it away; it is really a nice tablet!! Go to getjar.com, if it asks about the type of your phone, register with Nexus One (almost everything compatible with the Gentouch) and start downloading software/ programs to your Gentouch (or via browser, or transferring from your PC). Launcherpro is a good start (you can download it also from the site of the developer), and than put everything on you like!

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
for market: slideme.org
for browser: Dolphin mini HD
the best..

personally, for me: thumb keyboard is great on the Gentouch.