Trying to find a tablet for notes

graymorality

Jul 16, 2012
I am a college student and I was hoping to get a tablet that I could use to hold my digital books and essentially replace most of the things in my backpack. The main thing I need is the ability to use a stylus to take notes on (these include math notes with complex symbols and pictures). I'm trying to find the least expensive option for this as I don't need it to play games or anything, just as place to take notes and store them more efficiently than with seperate binders for each class

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You might want to look at the Samsung Galaxy Note. You can use it as an everything device, phone, tablet and note pad. Unfortunately most tablets don't support advanced note taking very well, particularly inexpensive ones. There are very few options for a good stylus input based tablet (most are capacitive and not good for writing) and finding a good capacitive stylus will also be important.

This is where a good app might make or break the experience so maybe you can get some recommendations for note taking apps. At that point you will have to decide on the size of tablet you want. Full size 10" are going to be more expensive so you will probably have to give up something (performance, name brand, etc.) to get one cheaply. Smaller 7" tablets are hitting good price points but you obviously will be giving up screen size.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I am a college student and I was hoping to get a tablet that I could use to hold my digital books and essentially replace most of the things in my backpack. The main thing I need is the ability to use a stylus to take notes on (these include math notes with complex symbols and pictures). I'm trying to find the least expensive option for this as I don't need it to play games or anything, just as place to take notes and store them more efficiently than with seperate binders for each class
hi if cost is the main issue but you still want good specs i recommend this tab from this supporting vendor on the forum. good quality tab from trusted supplier. at the moment payment is western union or bank transfer only due to fraudulent buyers affecting their paypal account but they are compensating by lowering prices of all their tabs. well worth a look.
Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [OVX610W] - $108.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electroni

graymorality

Jul 16, 2012
i'm looking for a slightly more know brand than onda, i've never heard of them. My maximum price I can send is about $300 and a 7" or bigger is what I would need. I don't need a camera or anything like that.

for example, the galaxy tab 2 for $249 with the evernote app looks good but I'm not sure as I'm not very knowledgeable about computers

Last edited:

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
You can find a Galaxy Tab 10.1 for that price. Or, a asus TF101. Both are very capable tablets.