Trying to get TouchWiz for 10.1 4G Tab

sincitygrrrl1

Nov 8, 2011
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE 16GB Metallic Gray Model SCH-I905.
I bought it the first week of September. It did not come with TouchWiz installed. I have recieved one small update a couple days after purchase. I searched online to find TouchWiz and have read that you have to register your Tab. I did go to samsung.com & created an account and registered my product.

I have gone to settings on my Tab and then to accounts & sync and there is no Samsung Icon to add for syncing, only shows my email and google accounts. When I click on the +add accounts on the top right the only options I get in the pop-up window is Corporate Email, Email and Google Account. I have tried system update but it always says my system is up to date.

I've searched and can't find any answers, tried live chat on the Samsung website and it said "Sorry our servers are down and will return at 8am on October 24,2011". Sent Email to support, who knows how long that will take so I'm posting on here and other forums trying to see if anyone can help me. I don't seem to be getting a response anywhere.

Please help me figure this out....thanks

My System info: Bought at Verizon
Hardware version i905.02
Model Number SCH-I905
Android Version 3.1
Baseband version i905.02 V.Eh04 SCH-I905.EH04
Kernel version 2.6.36.3 se.infra@SEP-55 #1
Build number HMJ37.EH04.SCH-I905.EH04

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 4G LTE 16GB Metallic Gray Model SCH-I905.
I bought it the first week of September. It did not come with TouchWiz installed. I have recieved one small update a couple days after purchase. I searched online to find TouchWiz and have read that you have to register your Tab. I did go to samsung.com & created an account and registered my product.

I have gone to settings on my Tab and then to accounts & sync and there is no Samsung Icon to add for syncing, only shows my email and google accounts. When I click on the +add accounts on the top right the only options I get in the pop-up window is Corporate Email, Email and Google Account. I have tried system update but it always says my system is up to date.

I've searched and can't find any answers, tried live chat on the Samsung website and it said "Sorry our servers are down and will return at 8am on October 24,2011". Sent Email to support, who knows how long that will take so I'm posting on here and other forums trying to see if anyone can help me. I don't seem to be getting a response anywhere.

Please help me figure this out....thanks

My System info: Bought at Verizon
Hardware version i905.02
Model Number SCH-I905
Android Version 3.1
Baseband version i905.02 V.Eh04 SCH-I905.EH04
Kernel version 2.6.36.3 se.infra@SEP-55 #1
Build number HMJ37.EH04.SCH-I905.EH04

I could be wrong but i thougt touchwiz for verizon hasnr been released yet

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

sincitygrrrl1

Nov 8, 2011
Yes, you are correct. Samsung responded to my email & said they don't know if or when the Verizon 4G with get touchwiz.

It's just that any time I asked a ? on forums the answer would include to download touchwiz and it would solve the problem. So I thouht I was missing something and would follow ther directions for getting TW & it wouldn't work for me!

jsuber

Jul 31, 2010
I have the 4G also and received an update a few months ago but ti was nothing much, and the KIES is for crap in the US. I also have the WIFI only and it got updated and to Touchwiz and I love the Screenshots function. But I fell victim to the latest update and am awaiting the fix.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I have the 4G also and received an update a few months ago but ti was nothing much, and the KIES is for crap in the US. I also have the WIFI only and it got updated and to Touchwiz and I love the Screenshots function. But I fell victim to the latest update and am awaiting the fix.

The fix came out yesterday . Try to connect to kies

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk