Trying to identify me Droid Tablet and can I fix some issue with an update

tindall22

Feb 2, 2011
I would like some help identifying the tablet I just got. 2 reasons, 1. I would like to know more about it - manufacturer, more specs and 2. can I update / replace the current android version to fix some of the issues? THe issues I have had are - runs sluggish and locks up (activity browser is not responding - force close or wait) and is seems like the app store is not the same that my wife has on her phone. For example several popular apps are not in the App Market. I have tried to load weather bug - it is not located in the Market but I can find it online (androidcentral.com). When you try to load it I get the message - The requested item could not be found.

1. I would like to know more about this unit and if I can update or replace the Android 2.2 and /or update / replace the App Market? If so HOW? Where do I find files ect.
2. Are they any ways to improve the performance?
3. Wifi seems to not pick up well, are there ways to improve?
4. It have Navigation and Maps but it will not find location, does it have GPS antennas? How do I find out?

Below is all of the information that I have on this unit. I appreciate any and all help.

8-inch Touch Screen LCD Google Android 2.2 Marvell PXA166 CPU Tablet PC w/ WiFi/Camera

Modle # avlite
Android Version - 2.2.1
Kernal Version - 2.6.34 android@ubuntu #277
Build # avlite-eng 2.2.1 FRG eng.KM.20101208.235611 test-keys

Operating System: Google Android 2.2
- Chip: Marvell PXA166

- CPU Frequency: 800MHz
- Memory: 256MB
- Capacity: 2GB FLASH, support TF card
- Display: 8 inch high-brightness LCD screen touch display
- Touch screen
- Network: Wi-Fi network connection
- Camera: 1.3 Mega pixel camera
- Microphone: Built-in
- Speaker: built-in
- Slots: 1 * Micro TF card slot
1 * 30 pin interface
1 * 3.5mm Stereo Audio out
1 * DC 9V interface
- OS Language: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, Jindi, Hungrian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietuanese, Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable battery
- Power Adapter: 180-240V (US plug)
- Accessories: AC power adapter,earphone, 2xUSB cable, user manual

- 1-year manufacturer's warranty: this warranty is offered directly by the manufacturer $IMG00222-20110130-2108.jpg$IMG00220-20110130-2107.jpg$IMG00219-20110130-2107.jpg

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i dont know exactly what tablet it is but to answer a few of your questions first, you already have 2.2 on the device which is almost the newest os the only newer one thats been officially released is 2.3 but i dont think any tablets have that, so what i am saying is there is no reason to change the os on your device. and for most devices you cant upgrade the os anyways. For the market issue is it the official android market or is it a third party market my guess is its a third party market because alot of tablets are backed by google so there for they cant have the market on it. And if there isnt anything that says it has gps then it doesnt. So there are some answer short and simple but there may be some hacks for this tablet that will help you, that i dont know

tindall22

Feb 2, 2011
probbiethe1 - thank you very much for the info. It does have what looks like Android Market. Many of the items I have looked for are not found or will not install. When you attempt to install you get an error message - The requested item could not be found.

So I wonder if it is the real Android Market. I have found the zip file for the Android Market, can you load it on the tablet or is that asking for bad things to happen?

It does seem sluggish and lock up frequently, is that an issue with mine or do others have that same issue? and solutions?