turn on airplane mode increase preformance

Jonny

Mar 27, 2011
Im not sure if i stumbled on something new here, but here it goes. I have rooted my gentouch, installed setCPU, and noticed a minor preformance increase. did some exploring in the settings and noticed that the "cell standby" was using 50% of the battery and was informed that using airplane mode would disable this. Since the gentouch doesnt have an airplane option i installed a free airplane mode toggle wigit and a wifi toggle wigit. noticed a significant difference in reaction time on the device with airplane mode on and wifi on. almost runs like my EVO. PLEASE TRY THIS! It made navigating through the gentouch much less frustrating. let me know what you think.

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
Glad to hear you're still having fun with the Gentouch. The cell searching has been a problem on this device. This was posted some time ago but good to bring up again. Rooting and startup managers are a big help as well. Keep digging into your device.

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
I've fiddling with airplane mode for a while; in my case the difference was marginal.. most positive effect on battery life had Auto Memory Manager, after rooting, setting aggressive..