Turning On Bluetooth (CM7 RC4)

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
I installed CM7 RC4 yesterday and have to say it is amazing! Everything is working very well. I was even able to watch the NCAA Woman's Champ game on ESPN3 last night. Thank you so much to the devs that have expended so much time and energy into making this inexpensive device a real wonder!

The only hick-up I seem to be having is getting Bluetooth to start. I saw in another thread (CM7 Release candidate 4 posted) that I needed to do the following:

Rom Manager
Fix permissions
Hard reboot (hold power till unit shuts off)
Power on
Let sit for 5 minutes or more to settle down
Now turn on bluetooth.

Followed this and still no dice. It says "Turning Bluetooth On" for 5 - 10 seconds and then quits. Any advice?

h3nryandr01d

Mar 22, 2011
This is what worked for me:

1. Turn off both Bluetooth and wifi.

2. Reboot.

3. Both Bluetooth and wifi should still be off. Now turn on Bluetooth FIRST. Wait for it to start up completely.

4. Turn on wifi if you want to.

The basic idea is that after start up, Bluetooth needs to be turned on before wifi.

Hope it works for you.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

NookAnon

Apr 7, 2011
Gbeardmore, what did you use to watch the game? I am having the wrist luck trying to dime decent video apps.

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
Gbeardmore, what did you use to watch the game? I am having the wrist luck trying to dime decent video apps.

Probably not on-topic for this thread, sorry. But I'll answer anyway...

I went over to the espn3.com web site. The site asks you to register and also wants to know what cable TV provider you use. You need to select your carrier from the (extensive) list. After that you can watch whatever is available at the time. It does take a while to load, but once it did, the quality was near hi-def.

One caveat though, you need to have Flash 10.2 installed on your Nook, which means you need to be running a capable ROM. I am on CM7 RC4, overclocked at 1100 Mhz.

Hope it works for you as well!

Last edited:

gbeardmore

Mar 17, 2011
This is what worked for me:

1. Turn off both Bluetooth and wifi.

2. Reboot.

3. Both Bluetooth and wifi should still be off. Now turn on Bluetooth FIRST. Wait for it to start up completely.

4. Turn on wifi if you want to.

The basic idea is that after start up, Bluetooth needs to be turned on before wifi.

Hope it works for you.

I followed this advice and it still would not turn on. What finally did it for me was to go into Spare Parts and UNCHECK Compatibility Mode. Once I did this and re-booted it came on fine. FWIW.

h3nryandr01d

Mar 22, 2011
I followed this advice and it still would not turn on. What finally did it for me was to go into Spare Parts and UNCHECK Compatibility Mode. Once I did this and re-booted it came on fine. FWIW.

Thanks for the tip! That worked for me too.

Leirbag

Apr 15, 2012
I did everything I read on this page but nothing worked.:( I bought a bootable sd card running cm7, android 2.3.5 on ebay but I'm not really sure about anything else. I really need to make bluetooth work. Can somebody help me please?

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
So what is the issue you are having with bluetooh? In the newer versions of CM7 you don't have to start bluetooth first. Just go into settings and turn it on or off as necessary.

Leirbag

Apr 15, 2012
So what is the issue you are having with bluetooh? In the newer versions of CM7 you don't have to start bluetooth first. Just go into settings and turn it on or off as necessary.

When I try to turn it on, it stays on ''Turning on'' for a few second and then it turns back off again. Do I have to ''update'' cm7? It says Cyanogen Mod-7.0.5-encore in ''about tablet'' in the settings.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When I try to turn it on, it stays on ''Turning on'' for a few second and then it turns back off again. Do I have to ''update'' cm7? It says Cyanogen Mod-7.0.5-encore in ''about tablet'' in the settings.

Yes, that is your problem you are not using the latest stable release 7.1.0 which can be found here Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki.

If you want to go one step better you can get an Release candidate for 7.2 here [ROM][CM7.2-RC1] MiRaGe - KANG build of CyanogenMod - xda-developers.

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
How do I do this?

If you are still a little hesitant, see if the quick and dirty link in my sign is at all helpful. If nothing else, one person said it helped them get a better mental picture of what is going on. Keep in mind, the step by step installs to the Nook Color not an SD card.

Sent from the Center of My Mind