Tweaking Question (Android Tuner App) and More

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
Anyone else try the system and android tuner apps and get lots of random reboots? I use that on my phone and I love them, but on tablet it reboots randomly. Any other good info to share with pimp my rom settings or setcpu?

Last question for you smarties like flo mcl and vamp, is there such a thing as graphics drivers that are flashable? I ask cause I can't fathom why Nvidia glowball demo would crashout unless.lenovo left something out. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

stal2k

Dec 13, 2012
Ok then anyone used it successfully then I can worry about what is wrong with mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Used pimp my ROM but to honest with you, I don't totally believe that any app can drastically improve our great tablet anyways. For me improvement in the stock ROM are more important.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I also get crashes using Android tuner or system tuner. Also I've tried kernel tuner that I used on my Evo 3d and love that app but anything I do to try and under clock the cpu a get reboots. I'm guessing its a kernel issue. It would be awesome to get kernel tuner to work cause it allows you to control each core individually. If anyone else can try it out and see if they can get it to work so I know if its just my tab it would be much appreciated.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Kernel tuner will unfortunately not work, kernel has no means at this time of oc, ov or uv our CPU, I'm very familiar with kernel tuner, been using since the apk came out, all you can do is change the governors and some minor adjustments.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I also get crashes using Android tuner or system tuner. Also I've tried kernel tuner that I used on my Evo 3d and love that app but anything I do to try and under clock the cpu a get reboots. I'm guessing its a kernel issue. It would be awesome to get kernel tuner to work cause it allows you to control each core individually. If anyone else can try it out and see if they can get it to work so I know if its just my tab it would be much appreciated.

Requires custom kernel right now we still don't have jb kernel source.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I am using custom jb kernel on my dual boot.

Have you tried kernel tuner to uc different cores and change governors? The reason I would like to do that is to save battery life when I don't really need all cores running at full scale.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
There's only 1 core that is active all the other 3 cores come on as need as far as I see

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
There's only 1 core that is active all the other 3 cores come on as need as far as I see

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Yeah thats what I see also but I would like to be able to uc cores 3 and 4 or even turn them off while I'm out to save battery life. I notice they do come on while running apps that don't really need 4 cores to run. So if I could uc or turn them off at times when I'm not near a charger it could save a lot of battery life. I used it on my Evo 3d for this and it does save battery life.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Anyone else try the system and android tuner apps and get lots of random reboots? I use that on my phone and I love them, but on tablet it reboots randomly. Any other good info to share with pimp my rom settings or setcpu?

Last question for you smarties like flo mcl and vamp, is there such a thing as graphics drivers that are flashable? I ask cause I can't fathom why Nvidia glowball demo would crashout unless.lenovo left something out. Thanks everyone!

The drivers are written into the kernel. In fact, I think most of the kernel is drivers. You can enable or disable drivers when the kernel is compiled, but Lenovo is only going to maintain one driver for the A2109. So, maybe there is a bug in the driver, but all you can do is wait for a fix.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012

Also, System Tuner is broken on my JB setup. Haven't tried Android Tuner. Report the bugs to Cedric; he's pretty responsive.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Have you tried kernel tuner to uc different cores and change governors? The reason I would like to do that is to save battery life when I don't really need all cores running at full scale.

Gotta have a custom kernel with voltage control. I use SetCpu to configure my governor. It has the most options I've seen.