Two Important Questions

EHokie

Nov 4, 2011
I have two questions for all you vets out there. One, I'd like to know what you guys think is the best local music player out there is for free. Also, I need to know how to view/download a doc from a URL (moodle). I have Google docs, Open Office reader and Adobe Reader installed and the browser ignores me clicking on these items. What am I doing wrong?

zekelang

Nov 17, 2011
Best music organizer and player by far is MediaMonkey. It's so good I paid for the gold version.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
If you are asking about a music app to install on your VTAB I suggest PowerAmp or Player Pro. I have used both on my Dell Streak, Dell venue and PowerAmp all the way back to my Moto Backflip.

I give PowerAmp a slight edge, but I would say that Player pro is a bit more polished. Both include equalizers and pre-amp settings. Both will habdle your music in folders.

I have not tested either on the VTAB. I have been using the built in player.

As far as moodle goes - have you tried opening a document that you downloaded to your computer on your VTAB? This will tell you if it's the format or an issue downloading.

Have you tried using another browser with the user agent set to desktop? I like Opera Mobile.

EHokie

Nov 4, 2011
The files open on my tab just fine. They just won't download. I used both the stock browser and Dolphin HD.

EHokie

Nov 4, 2011
Well now that we've covered the music aspect, I still really need some help with the file issue! Anyone?!

Nov 16, 2011
I would get a dropbox account setup on your computer and the android client setup on your device https://www.dropbox.com/ . Also don't rule out http://www.filereflex.com. By moving your files into a dropbox folder when you make a change you'll see it changed almost instantly back on the PC and you can also access your account from any computer from their website. Managing files this way is a key to replacing your Laptop with an Android Tablet.
-Wes