Uh Oh!!! Please help!!!

kalebk07

Apr 1, 2012
I have a samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus and its been acting a little strange the past few days... I was hoping that I could get some suggestions!! I use Dolphin Browser HD and sometimes when I have more than a couple tabs open it will just close the browser and when I go back in, the pages that I had up aren't there anymore. Then sometimes it will freeze and the touchscreen wont work and ill have to hold the power button til it shuts off and then turn it back on. The part that has me really worried is that a few minutesnago it just completely rebooted by itself! Suggestions please? I have Lookout installed but I don't have the Premium version...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
See if there is an update for Dolphin. Also try going into Settings>Applications and clearing the data for Dolphin. If that doesn't work you can try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Apps can cause strange instabilities that are hard to explain.

I have noticed that Flash 11 in ICS is no where near as stable as Flash 10 was in Honeycomb.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Apps can cause strange instabilities that are hard to explain.

I have noticed that Flash 11 in ICS is no where near as stable as Flash 10 was in Honeycomb.
Yeah "could not display webpage" comes up. If you do a refresh it may come up. Happens a lot in ICS - ADOBE hasn't fixedit.

kalebk07

Apr 1, 2012
I was told when I got my android phone to download anti virus first thing. Is this incorrect?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Antivirus/Anti-maware on android. That is a debate for the ages. Many users swear by it, others swear it is not necessary if you only install stuff from the Play Store.

If you are worried about it, probably best to have it installed. It is cheap insurance, and most A/V apps use very little resources so you will not know they are even running.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I was told when I got my android phone to download anti virus first thing. Is this incorrect?

Yes often these anti viris affect stability for very little value. It is a placebo effect.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

takyoko34

Jun 19, 2012
It happens to me as well. Sometimes it reboots after i place it on a table. I figured there might be a hardware fault in it. I don't know to replicate it because it doesn't happen all the time, but it really happens as soon as the device is placed on the table. Weird.

Dolphin does that to me as well, but does not reboot the whole device, just the app.