Uh Oh.. shouldn't have done that

kaydl

May 14, 2013
Hello, Just got a Samsung Galaxy 2 (7.0) I am a very novice tablet and not so computer savvy user with a question. Is there a way to "undo" an encryption? Didn't know what I was doing when I set this up( don't even know that this is what it's called ) but, really don't want to enter a passcode every time I turn on my tablet. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read this post

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello kaydl, congratulations on your new Galaxy 2 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you "undo" what you did. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm just a little confused. Having to input a password has little to do with encrypting your tablet. So if the only problem is that you asked that to secure the tablet by inputting a password, go to settings - security - screen lock and On-screen lock, input your password and when it says changed the password don't put anything in there.