Unable to update Maylong 105 from sd card

apensity

Jan 16, 2011
I have been all over looking through forums and reading many of tipsters posts and have tried to upgrade the Maylong 105's ROM through the sd card. I am very computer savvy and have updated three other tablets of mine successfully. So I was wondering what the heck is going on with the 105 as it will not respond to the sd card during boot up in order to upgrade the rom. It does read the card as I can see files on it through the file manager, but it does not see it during boot up. I used 2 different cards, both class 4, one 2GB and one 4GB (brand new) with no luck. I tried to reformat each to FAT32, and still nothing. Can I install the files in the Maylong root and then restart it to upgrade and then remove the files and reboot? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

apensity

Jan 16, 2011
I'm currently having the same issues, how were you able to solve this problem?

If I remember correctly, I had to use the USB to connect to the computer and place the files into the root directory instead of through the SD card. It's been so long now, and I've worked on a few different tablets, I don't quite remember what the final answer was. Sorry, I know I should now put on there how it was fixed, rather than just "NM". Sorry :(