Unlock screen (nook color)

Trixiem

Feb 16, 2011
I just purchased a nook color and got it rooted with auto nooter. Finally have it set up how i like it. Is there anyway to switch to using the line pass code system like most phones have instead of using numbers? im talking about the unlock screen for the device.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Using numbers? I have to say that I am completely stumped with what you are talking about.

Are you running a custom screen locker?

You must have some custom app running that is overrunning the normal screen locker.

A little more detail would help.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I don't think you can set a custom lock pattern or pin number lock screen on an autonootered nook. Possibly within custom Roms though, when they start to become stable releases.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yea I don't think the "number" lock screen is available yet, perhaps on one of the custom 2.2 ROMs. I think I have seen a different two sided "slide" unlocker, similar to at&t phones, floating around the net for the NC.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I think they are asking about password protection? In settings you can set up a passcode (4 digit number) that is required to power on or unlock the device. On most Android phones, you can change this to a pattern that you would draw with your finger.

I haven't seen anyway to change it from 4 digit number to drawn pattern, but I also would prefer this option. Sorry I can't be of more help.

PS: I have the passcode option and used autonooter.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum App

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I think they are asking about password protection? In settings you can set up a passcode (4 digit number) that is required to power on or unlock the device. On most Android phones, you can change this to a pattern that you would draw with your finger.

I haven't seen anyway to change it from 4 digit number to drawn pattern, but I also would prefer this option. Sorry I can't be of more help.

PS: I have the passcode option and used autonooter.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Android Tablet Forum App

Jonesygirl gets a big Gold Star! That appears to be exactly what they are talking about...and no, there doesn't appear to be a way to change that right now...as we start getting into custom ROM's I am sure something like this will become available, but not just yet.

For those wondering what is being discussed...

Tap the center up arrow thing to bring up the B&N UI taskbar>>>Settings>>>Security>>> From there you can change the passcode and require the passcode (with a checkbox)

I never bothered to use that as my nook never seems to leave my side! lol

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I just purchased a nook color and got it rooted with auto nooter. Finally have it set up how i like it. Is there anyway to switch to using the line pass code system like most phones have instead of using numbers? im talking about the unlock screen for the device.

You could always turn off the passcode and use the slidelock to unlock the screen...unless you are worried about prying eyes or theft. Like I said in the post above, until we get into some custom ROM's, this is what we have to use.

Or you could always buy an app like widget locker, but I don't think there is a setting in there either.

Anyone with widget locker installed want to verify?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Widget Locker doesn't have a lock security option. It relies on system for lock pattern, password, etc.

sent from my rooted nook color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Widget Locker doesn't have a lock security option. It relies on system for lock pattern, password, etc.

sent from my rooted nook color

Thanks Steve

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Trixiem

Feb 16, 2011
thanks guys. i was refering to the draw to unlock. Ive had a full day to explore the nook, as its my first android item. For what it is, its a great investment.