Unpacking RAR files on ASUS EEE Pad

laaddis

Nov 3, 2011
I download alot of .rar files. I have been unsuccessful getting them to open on my ASUS tablet. I have tried WinRAR, ES File Manager, and AndroZip. I can get it to say it is unpacking the file and that it was successful but then I can't find any files it unpacked. HELP!!! TIA

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've been using 7-Zip for dealing with .rar files on my PC for years and never had any problems. You can get it free at: Download

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
ES File Explorer deals with rar fine, just be aware of where you extract the files to. i.e. use the extract here option to extract to the director the .rar file resides in.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

laaddis

Nov 3, 2011
Thanks Spider, I have 7-zip on my PC and that is how I currently unzip and then connect my ASUS and move the files, but I really want to be able to do it directly on my tablet.

Tom T, I tried ES File Explorer but when I say 'extract the files to' it does not give me any option of where to extract them to; and when I say 'extract here' it says it is unpacking and then says it was successful but there are no unzipped files when I go back to the file.

I am very frustrated:(

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Odd, are you using the latest version of ES? I saw another app, think it was unRARpro, available for Android but I haven't tried it.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum