Update Android 2.2 bricked my iRobot apad 2

ocs

May 14, 2011
Hi,
I bought 2 month ago an "iRobot Apad 2" with next specifications:
iRobot Apad 2
Android 2.1 (Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US)).
Model Number: MID
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.629 cbsmbg@CBServer #210
Build number: 1.2M1

My partner send me 3 files to update to android 2.2 (lk.rom, splash.rom & app.rom).
After read a lot of documentation I try to upgrade using FWDN v7 2.13 using Windows 7
x64. Aparently all process update is running fine but when arrive at CRC Check of app.rom
the progress bar arrive at the end and still waiting there with frame in blue color.
I'm still waiting for 4 hours but FWDN frame doesn't change to green color.
How many time I've to wait? Is it normal?
Any suggestions are wellcome.
Regards

naxoplan

Jun 25, 2011
Your Rom is not the correct one so that it is stuck at Check CRC , I have the same experience with you but finally upgraded it to 2.3 and worked perfectly. In fact , this Apad is brotherhood to Haipad M701 , so, I search and downloaded 1X different roms from Internet and upgrade my toy one by one , however , they all failed at Check CRC . If your device is originally opened with a yellow logo screen with flowers and "I Love You" , then , go to the below web and download the rar , it has 4 files , depends on your builtin memory , mine is 4Gb to use _8K.img , might be 2Gb to use _4K.img, choose either _4K.img or _8K.img plus the other two in FWDN. Of course, if it is not this logo screen , try it out is also good. Remember to input the original Mac address correctly in FWDN ! Hope this help.
P.S. this web is Chinese , click the button with a green down arrow for download and only support IE to download only.
M701_2.3_v2.7z115

thulsa18

Dec 7, 2011
Your Rom is not the correct one so that it is stuck at Check CRC , I have the same experience with you but finally upgraded it to 2.3 and worked perfectly. In fact , this Apad is brotherhood to Haipad M701 , so, I search and downloaded 1X different roms from Internet and upgrade my toy one by one , however , they all failed at Check CRC . If your device is originally opened with a yellow logo screen with flowers and "I Love You" , then , go to the below web and download the rar , it has 4 files , depends on your builtin memory , mine is 4Gb to use _8K.img , might be 2Gb to use _4K.img, choose either _4K.img or _8K.img plus the other two in FWDN. Of course, if it is not this logo screen , try it out is also good. Remember to input the original Mac address correctly in FWDN ! Hope this help.
P.S. this web is Chinese , click the button with a green down arrow for download and only support IE to download only.
M701_2.3_v2.7z115

Any chance you have a mirror site for those files as it says they are expired. Also do you know if it is possible to install a custom rom and install clockworkmod recovery on it and maybe as well what versions where to get.

I know I ask alot of questions, I hope you don't mind but I searched and searched on google for answers and since I do not even have the proper make for the tablet (got it from my brother without boxmanual or charger) its sort of impossible for me to find anything.

Thanks in advance,

Thulsa