Updated to 3.2, cannot be rooted again?

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Here's the scenario:

First acquired, Android version was 3.0.1 then updated via OTA to 3.1 and rooted my system.

Second OTA update to 3.1 (again) and still rooted, can run gingerbreak.
Third OTA update to 3.2, having trouble twice during the process and messed somewhere on the installation of ROM (I know I remember it was already v3.2 on the 3rd try of update) so I reflashed and successfuly restored back the system, checked and now, 3.2 version.

Now, I'm installing some applications for (rooted tablets) because I know my tablet was already rooted but all's failed. I execute Busybox and it told me that Root Access not detected.

Installed the Iconia Root Application, execute the program to root but it says "Something went wrong.. You are NOT root!"

Did the same to run Gingerbreak, set all the necessary required settings and when I pressed the Root device, the program just run and stays there... still running and don't know when it stops.

What seems to be the problem here?:confused:

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
The current rooting apps (Gingerbreak/Iconiaroot) will not work with 3.2. Hopefully there will be a development to be able to root 3.2 soon, but for now there is nothing I know of.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
The current rooting apps (Gingerbreak/Iconiaroot) will not work with 3.2. Hopefully there will be a development to be able to root 3.2 soon, but for now there is nothing I know of.

That was I'm thinking of.

Anyways, thanks for the response and maybe there will be a fixed Gingerbreak that will work on v3.2.

I cannot install some apps as well as downloading from Market after this OTA update.

UPDATE:

I think I found the solutions and I posted in here.

ADMINS, I CAN NOW CLOSE THIS THREAD?

Last edited: