Updating CM7 Nightlies

dasingleton

Jul 26, 2011
I installed CM7 on my sdcard with version 7.03. Everything is working fine.
However, when I tried to update to the latest nightly (i.e. 141)..it doesn’t work.
Here is what I did…
Downloaded nightly and place and sdcard and flashed (thru CWM Recovery) after wipe dalvik & cache.
Rebooted…however it still shows verison 7.03.
Then I tried placing the nightly zip (141) on the boot partition of the card. I initially thought nothing happened…however, when I ejected my sdcard to boot back into stock nook…it instead showed…the latest nightly… !!
Any advice / hints/ suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I installed CM7 on my sdcard with version 7.03. Everything is working fine.
However, when I tried to update to the latest nightly (i.e. 141)..it doesn’t work.
Here is what I did…
Downloaded nightly and place and sdcard and flashed (thru CWM Recovery) after wipe dalvik & cache.
Rebooted…however it still shows verison 7.03.
Then I tried placing the nightly zip (141) on the boot partition of the card. I initially thought nothing happened…however, when I ejected my sdcard to boot back into stock nook…it instead showed…the latest nightly… !!
Any advice / hints/ suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

It sounds like you put the nightly on a bootable CWR sd card and then booted up using that instead of your CM7 bootable. In that case, yes you would boot to CWR and then anything you flash would flash to the internal memory not to the bootable CM7 card you removed! That is why the nightly replaced your stock ROM.

Bootable SD cards have a diferent method for updating to nightlies. Basically you have to download the nightly, change the file name as described by the bootable SD proceedures and then that file is deteced and the script updates the boot partition of the bootable CM7 sd card to boot the nightly instead of whatever CM7 you had on there before.

dasingleton

Jul 26, 2011
It sounds like you put the nightly on a bootable CWR sd card and then booted up using that instead of your CM7 bootable. In that case, yes you would boot to CWR and then anything you flash would flash to the internal memory not to the bootable CM7 card you removed! That is why the nightly replaced your stock ROM.

Bootable SD cards have a diferent method for updating to nightlies. Basically you have to download the nightly, change the file name as described by the bootable SD proceedures and then that file is deteced and the script updates the boot partition of the bootable CM7 sd card to boot the nightly instead of whatever CM7 you had on there before.

Thanks...got it working right now..