upgrade my 2.3 to 4.0

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi nick, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

zekitron

Jul 29, 2012
A Sears salesman told me that the 2.3 could not be upgraded. I asked what if you are Linux command line king and he said maybe but not from a cosumer button pushing position. It made me wonder if there is any hardware issues to consider which do make the upgrade not work. As a programmer I would think the new code will not enable functions that would not work on an old device so upgrading would be possible.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

There are 2 ways to upgrade it: OEM updated ROM, or find a custom ROM and install it yourself. If you go with a custom ROM, you will have to find a way to flash it for your tablet.

And yes, 2.X tablets can be upgraded to 4.X with the proper ROM built for the hardware.

The big questions - where to find a ROM that will work for your device. My best advice is to scour Google, here and xda-developers.

zekitron

Jul 29, 2012
If you get a non-oem rom isn't it basically impossible to insure that it does not have malicious code added to it? If there is not a button in the gui on the upgrade to go from 2.3 to higher then I don't see how the average consumer could find it appealing to desire the device.

LifeSaver

Aug 1, 2012
Hi there... with regard to the upgrading of 2.3 to 4.0... does that the only way is to physically change the ROM? There is no way to flash it using software? Could anyone pls teahc me some ways to upgrade my OS frm 2.3 to 4.0. Appreciate ur attention!

nick153

Jun 29, 2012
some shop told me if i upgrade it will solved my sd problem When i download software it goes into nand but how can i put it in sd card