Upgrade of apad

ondongee

Apr 25, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of tablets, so if i ask dumb questions, my apologies.

I have a Chinese apad with:

Firmware 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build WMT2.1.1

I want to use this with a USB broadband stick for 3g connection.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware and also to connect it to a computer.
I have tried to connect it to my Windows 7 pc via USB without sucess.

Thanks,

boesman01

Apr 25, 2011
Hi ondongee

You might find this helpful. Earlier today when I browsed this site, I found the link to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-system-info-display-device-information.html where you can find an app to easily identify the make/model/internals of your device. Hope this helps in your search to properly identify *which* firmware you should use to upgrade your device. Also note that upgrades of firmware is very much device hardware dependent.

Before you embark on the mission of upgrading your apad, I suggest that you do more research on that subject.

Regards

Apr 26, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of tablets, so if i ask dumb questions, my apologies.

I have a Chinese apad with:

Firmware 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build WMT2.1.1

I want to use this with a USB broadband stick for 3g connection.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware and also to connect it to a computer.
I have tried to connect it to my Windows 7 pc via USB without sucess.

Thanks,

I think you are in for an adventure or disappointment. I have a similar apad. You first need to know what the basic style of the model is. Mine and a lot of apads out there are based off the GOME Flytouch. Mine I know is generic clone since it has a Blue power on LED (etc.).

Although they say that they are 3G, my cell phone provider here in western Kansas cannot hook into it. I have a fine WyFi connection through my wireless router. I mostly do stuff with my PC by using the micro-SD card and transferring files.

[If you can, try a hookup though a free wireless service. Then you can get the Internet. I've haven't tried them yet (like Starbucks??) but it would be a start. Motels may require you to be a customer but you can try by just asking and getting a password.]

((SIDE NOTE: I met someone the other day at Walmart who uses an old 'Dish Network' dish and a USB WiFi dongle at it's focal point to get extreme distance WiFi hookup for his PC))

There are apps for both an android device and a PC that will allow direct hookup through a PC USB WiFi device and a Tablet . You just use the SD card to transfer the files between the PC and the Tablet. SlideME market allows downloads without having to go to the Google Android Market.

Google Android Market doesn't like my tablet and won't allow any downloads. You need an 'officially' recognized device and log onto the market website (etc.etc.) with it to download apps.

I know this is long-winded. I hope it helps.

Apr 26, 2011
Hi ondongee

You might find this helpful. Earlier today when I browsed this site, I found the link to http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-system-info-display-device-information.html where you can find an app to easily identify the make/model/internals of your device. Hope this helps in your search to properly identify *which* firmware you should use to upgrade your device. Also note that upgrades of firmware is very much device hardware dependent.

Before you embark on the mission of upgrading your apad, I suggest that you do more research on that subject.

Regards

Upgrading is more serious then you may think. [I tried an upgrade and it didn't take. It took me two weeks to find one that would work. As it stands now, it worked better before I 'Rooted' it.]

You should try to contact the online store, since it's possible that it has a damaged WiFi.

First try to get online before you upgrade. Get to know your tablet inside and out. Get the apps to show you all the details the seller has hidden.

Good Luck