[Urgent Help Needed] Touchscreen not working after Updating

chipside

Aug 31, 2011
Great day to all...
my touchscreen is perfectly working. after i update to official Indo 2.2 update and follow perfectly everything to it detail and reboot... then after the IDEOS Logo a touchscreen calibration appears but i really can calibrate the screen because the orange cross is not responding... any help will be appreciated.

chipside

Aug 31, 2011
damn... i already fix it when i pressed Menu+send+power key then after upgrading again on official 2.2 update i loose the touchscreen again and the Touch screen configuration appears again... anyone can help to solve this problem? even i get back now to the old 2.1 Sweden i already lost the touchscreen...

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
What model and what ROM version?

Sent from my Blade using Android Tablet Forum

chipside

Aug 31, 2011
i have a Ideos s7 with a capacitive touchscreen. right now whatever rom i flash it is no use... a friend told me i need to flash the original stock rom. does anyone have a stock rom? links posted on the sticky thread are already dead...

chipside

Aug 31, 2011
by the way... i am from Philippines and my tablet came from a package plan from globe Philippines.

chipside

Aug 31, 2011
hmm... 200+ view without any response? I ask on the other site... they told me that the possible problem is in the "KERNEL" they are investigating on it right now... I really don't that the touchscreen is broken... because whenever i flashed new Firmware (2.2) it works for a while then after 1 to 2 days it will stop working... sometimes it wont work even i flash 2.2 rom they advice me to flash stock rom 2.1 but it is nowhere to found right now... does anyone care to help uploading 2.1 stock rom for s7-105?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I know a site that keeps an index of S7 roms but I don't have acvess to the info tonight, I will post it here tomorrow. Sorry you didn't get the info you needed but I think your problem may be somewhat unique. I honestly can only guess that some app you are running could be the cause.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Edgeman

Jun 16, 2012
Any solutions?
Similar issue with a friends Tablet ...

Australian Telstra touch tab S7-104
(Huawei)

firmware 2.1 update1
baseband 6285
AMSS VERSION 4076
KERNEL 2.6.29-S7
BUILD S7V100R001C13B021

First 4 calibration crosses work ok, but last centre cross #5 only works when I tap about 1cm to the right in landscape, or under in portrait - otherwise it just blinks if I click on it.
In use, when selecting an icon in landscape, it selects the icon to the left - callibration is constantly out & is worse in the centre of the screen.
I have tried a hard reset and a factory reset but doesn't fix it.

Cheers.

[EDIT]
Last night I flashed 2 new ROMS onto the S7:
- Norwegian 2.2.2 S7V100R001C57B111 ROM
- Huawei Ideos S7 official firmware (2.2.) S7V100R001C13B115 (Australian Telstra)
The same thing happened. It would appear that this is most likely a hardware issue.

Last edited: