Urgent - V712 v2 - Annoying scratching, ticking sound when playing audio or video

avecfort

Nov 22, 2012
Hi,

I just bought a V712 Onda Tablet today and love it. Except for one thing. The sound has something wrong with it, it keeps scratching or ticking almost like some kind of codec problem. It´s uneven intervals and seems to be worse with low quality files although none of my other android devices has any problems with it and it can still be heard on FHD files. Wondering if this is what Ainol fire users are calling popping? I can hear it through both the speakers and headphones. High pitched and makes it impossible to watch or listen to anything since it´s simply too disturbing.

Does anyone have any idea of a solution for this? Best one I´ve found was a general android solution of dissabeling dolby surround but that setting doesn´t exist on my tablet. I´m not sure which one is the firmware line but I´m guessing it´s the build number? If so mine is ICA.g12refM704A1.20120828 does this mine I´m running 1.2 firmware?

I can return the tablet (last one they had) but if so I need to do it tomorrow so any quick responses or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
It's probably your firmware. Go take a look at the "*ALL* Onda Sd-Card Firmware Installer v1.0" thread. Install 1.5. It's pretty easy & should fix it.

avecfort

Nov 22, 2012
Hey Guys,

An update to my problem. It turned out it was a firmware issue since I was on 1.2 something. It doesn´t actually say Firmware when you look at settings but rather it says, baseband version.

The reason I hadn´t tried it before was because I didn´t want to risk bricking it in case I would be returning it.

1.5.5 Is current firmware and all is working well. Only thing is Swiftkey is lagging and so hickups and misses words or sometimes does strange things. Hopefully will be fixed later. Otherwise it´s a fantastic tablet!