USB Host Cable

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
Does anyone know if the USB host cable that is provided with the Kyros 7024 is the same one provided with the Kyros 7015?

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
Has anyone had any luck using an external keyboard or mouse with the kyros 7024 then? I was just curious because I returned my 7015 after I received my 7024. So I just wanted to make sure I did not return the wrong host cable. Since when I plug a mouse or keyboard into the 7024 nothing happens.

Thank you for the quick reply!

dcullen

Apr 5, 2011
Has anyone had any luck using an external keyboard or mouse with the kyros 7024 then? I was just curious because I returned my 7015 after I received my 7024. So I just wanted to make sure I did not return the wrong host cable. Since when I plug a mouse or keyboard into the 7024 nothing happens.

Thank you for the quick reply!

It works fine with USB keyboard, you just have to put it into USB host mode (device mode is default) in Settings

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I tried plugging in a USB SD card reader and could not find it in ES explorer...I really want this to work on vacation to see pictures on the 8" screen (MID8024). Is this 'host' setting in the settings menu? I am also thinking about a USB mini keyboard.

tboll

Jun 5, 2011
Anybody know how to get that setting change (to HOST mode) to stick? Every time I turn off/on my 7024 tablet it reverts to BUS mode. I have my "Back up my data" setting checked, but I guess that doesn't save the default USB mode.

rckowal

May 13, 2011
USB mode doesn't save for me as well when powering off. I'd like to see a way to lock it in as well.

Radioman55

Jun 2, 2011
Hello,

Am I to understand that the USB host cable is REQUIRED to plug a non-bluetooth tablet into an external source (like a keyboard)? In other words, if my tablet has a mini-USB output, I cannot simply purchase a regular mini-usb cable to connect tablet to keyboard, it HAS to be the included host cable, right?

tboll

Jun 5, 2011
An additional USB "host cable" is NOT required. If you have a keyboard with a mini-USB it can connect directly into your 7024. If you have a keyboard with a standard USB cable, you will need to use the Standard to Mini USB adaptor provided. However, the tablet is not "plug and play". You have to go into the Settings > Advanced Settings and Uncheck the last box by "USB Bus Mode". You have to do this EVERY TIME you turn off the tablet. The setting appears to always reset when the tablet is turned off. As a regular keyboard user, I consider this a pretty major inconvenience. (I also inactivate the Android keyboard by going into the Language & keyboard settings and unchecking the "Android keyboard" box. This you also have to do every time you turn off the tablet.) Can someone please come up with a way to make these configuration settings stick through a power up cycle?