USB Modem in ePad zte180?

savedlema

Oct 24, 2012
Hi friends!
I got an ePad (Model : zte180, Adroid 2.2) device. I want to connect an USB Modem (Airtel) so that I can use it to connect to the internet. I followed the following procedures:
go to settings-->Wireless&Network--->Mobile networks --->Access Point Name --->Add new access point.

Now, the problem comes with adding a new access point. My ePad is requesting for MNC and MCC values, which I don't know, I also went to my cellular company officess (Airtel) they also can't know the values for MNC and MCC. So we tried filling anything, like 123 in MCC and MNC. Then I saved the APN. But even after that, I can't get to the internet.After rebooting, when I navigate to Access Point Name, I can't even see the APN I had created and saved. I'm a computing guy but quite new to ePad/Android.
Can someone help please?

With thanks,
Frank.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I may have some rather bad news for you. A USB modem is NOT the same as an access point and getting a USB 3G or 4G modem to work is painful at best. I have a link below on communicating without WiFi available that may lead you in the right direction.

An access point would typically be a router or a MiFi car that's on the cellular network and you communicate with it over your WiFi.

savedlema

Oct 24, 2012
Uhpss! Ok, thank you for your response. I'm visiting the link you provided. I hope I can make it.