USB to HDMI?

TonyMan13

Nov 22, 2012
I am going to be purchasing a tablet by Christmas and have it down to either a Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7. I like the idea that the Kindle has the HDMI port so I could connect to any TV in the house. I have seen USB to HDMI devices on line & was wondering could they be used to stream a movie to the Nexus and then pass it over to a TV? Hope that doesn't sound to dumb, but this is all kinda new to me.

Thanks

Oct 10, 2011
The only ones I have seen are designed to operate between PC/Laptop and TV, have not seen any offering tablet drivers. The quality units also require an audio cable between computer and translator box and cost between $50-$70.

TonyMan13

Nov 22, 2012
I still haven't bought anything, just cannot make up my mind. However, I have seen apps that claim you can use them with Apple TV. I have also see devices that claim they act similar to Apple TV. Does this sound like a plausible solution to get movies from a Nexus to a TV?

Thanks

Mattylad

Nov 18, 2012
You can get a Sumvision cyclone box that allows you to plug a USB stick into it that then plays on the TV any movie etc via HDMI.

Worth considering as another toy in addition to say a Nexus, that way you can (using an OTG cable) put movies onto a memory stick from the nexus and then play them on the media player.

Worth considering if playing movies on the TV is a must for you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I still haven't bought anything, just cannot make up my mind. However, I have seen apps that claim you can use them with Apple TV. I have also see devices that claim they act similar to Apple TV. Does this sound like a plausible solution to get movies from a Nexus to a TV?

Thanks

Using the HDMI cable on my ASUS Transfromer, connected to my TV, I can watch anything I can get over my WiFi on my TF. That includes movies NetFlix and anything else.