USB Webcam on Android 2.2

premint

May 7, 2012
hello does anyone know how to get a generic USB webcam to work on a superpad tablet running android 2.2, i just want to be able to view the webcam, preferably full screen, nothing else,

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
A USB WEB cam will not work on Android. Because so many Android devices have from and back cameras there is no incentive.

premint

May 7, 2012
i cant believe something this simple is managing to keep the entire android community guessing, i accept that a lot of devices have cameras built in but i think the percentages lean more towards those that dont

this should be a simple task, webcams are nothing special we have had them for years now, just being able to use a usb cam does not sound like a big problem to me

if someone with actual expertise could explain why so many people ask about this but nothing happens id be very grateful

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The answer is simple, or complex. I'll give you the simple one. No USB WEB cam I've seen or used would work without drivers and supporting software. AFAIK none of either are available that come with any USB WEB cams that support Android.