Useful Automotive Apps

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I think I have a decent collection of useful apps for use while driving. I use the tab usually for driving in the country, cross-country trips, or trips to vacation spots in nearby states. I also have a couple apps useful for when I go to the local road course or things like road rallies or poke runs, etc.

aCar (parts & maintenance)
aDyno (measures Horsepower and such)
car Home (app launcher for car)
car Performance free (measures 0-60 times, etc.)
FuelLog (fillup & MPG tracking)
GasBuddy (retrieves local gas prices)
GPS Speedometer (speedometer)
My Trip Recorder ( notes & photos with geotags)
NDrive (navigation)
UltraChron (stopwatch w/ speech)

Are there any apps that are very useful for organizing yourself and your car while on a trip? Please note that I don't use any 3G data.

thx

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
Car Dashboard kinda like the Car Panel on I believe HTC sense phones it provides speed and location and some other stuff plus you can put 4 links to apps the interface is nice for free... anyways However I noticed that the direction is way off as far as north south east west goes. My truck said the opposite might have something to do with the axis being messed up like in some games too

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Car Home is the same thing as the car panel but it gives you 3 pages of 6 shortcuts, speed, location (what city/town) and local weather. It also interfaces with the Google car dock.

braclark

Jan 17, 2011
I second aCar (I even bought the license), but I don't see the need for another app like FuelLog to track MPG since aCar does a great job at this.

aCar has charts for $/gal, MPG, Fill up cost, gal/fillup, mi between fillups, time between fillups, time/odometer, and all of this for multiple cars on the same charts.
It also keeps stats such as total running cost, cost per day or mile, cost of ownership, and more.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Entering fuel fillups in aCar was not easy, so I chose an app that does make it easy.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hey,

You can add anoother app to my list of useful car stuff:

Flashlight Professional (No ad) <free>

This screen light app has more than just a white floodlight. It also has the ability to flash the white screen, a flashing red light (for emergency stops,) a screen with a candle that has a flickering flame, a police-style red/blue flashing screen, and a custom screen with a text message. I think the flashing red or the police screen could be useful if you have to pull off the road or to help others. the white flasher also has an emergency sound to get attention.

BTW-
If you just want a light for bedside use, the Quick Settings app has a good one; you have to point the screen down to get light, so it turns itself off when you go bad to bed.

This is on My Huawei S7, of course.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
the thing I'm most interested to find is an application to handle trip data like waypoints/mileage, expenses, lodging, fuel use, and any flight/ferry plans. Palm OS has an app called Trip Boss, which has sold very well for Palm and iPhone too, but there isn't anything similar in Android, unless there's something I haven't come across.